Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC Cards?

Anyone know with current economic situation, what the criteria is for any cards they offer? I d not live near a branch rather i believe they do not have any in Texas but  in Med school I have several friends who bank and have a cc with them, is it a bank that likes to approve only people within a regional area they operate in,having a checking savings, etc  relationship? Or do they just award cards based on creditworthiness sorry don't know much about them aside from I don't want banks that have hurt many in this forum despite many accepting no interest TARP money and return the favor with slashing CL  on good customers I dont think its in anyway ethical of them especially Citi and BOFA!!!! Sorry for any who like either bank. Though in fairness I  also read "PNC Financial Services, one of the few profitable banks without TARP money, planned on paying their share back by January 2011 by building up its cash reserves instead of issuing equity securities." So technically did receive funds, but forced so they could buy National City which was in major distress. Long Long but in end is it hard card to get?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC Cards?

I live in Texas and I have never heard of PNC until now.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I can't offer much other than I have a PNC which was a throwback from the National City acquisition. They've been good. No quirks. But I haven't asked for anything either since they issued it last spring. I did app for a PNC at the same time at National City about 2+ yrs ago. Seems like they pulled TU and my TU FICO was around 650. I was denied but I don't recall the reasons. It could have been due to inquiries and/or util.

Message 3 of 6
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

A year or so ago I looked into getting one of their secured credit cards.... but was not eligible because I lived and Texas and not within their "service area". US BANK is the same way. On any application read the fine print and it generally discloses if there are regional and territrorial restrictions for opening an account. Some of your fellow students probably banked with them when they lived in one of their service areas and kept the accounts open when they moved to Texas

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 4 of 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I live in DE and I bank at PNC and I have their Visa Signature card that actually reports to the CRA's My current rate is a fixed at 1.99 until Nov then it goes to 5.99V. I 've had the card for 4 years. It started out has a regular PNC Card, but they sent me a automatic upgrade to the sig.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe i should call, i am about to phone Lexus and speak with Underwritting!!! ahhh if i get it Ill be the happiest girl in the world!

Val

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.