Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC Cash Rewards

PNC released a new credit card yesterday.

4% back on gas
3% dining including fast food
2% grocery
1% on all else

$8,000/ year cap on spend in the 4,3,2 catergories. No Annual Fee. What do y'all think?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: PNC Cash Rewards

I saw that and it is ......  OK I guess, BUT you have to be in their footprint to be eligible I think???

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up OP!
Message 3 of 19
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

I saw that and it is ......  OK I guess, BUT you have to be in their footprint to be eligible I think???

Plus PNC is pretty conservative....more likely to give you a card if you have a banking relationship with them.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't waste anytime advertising this new card on their ATM's as I noticed when I went to take money out yesterday.  They will give me a card but I have way too many inquiries. They are very inquiry sensitive!

Message 5 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I wonder if there is any chance of PC'ing to this card....?.....

I noticed from their website that they are no longer offering my card, the Cash Builder, and are also offering a Premier Traveler Visa with 30,000 bonus points with $3,000 spend in 3 months.  Both of these new products are appealing.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 19
Involver
Valued Contributor

I'm going to try to PC.

The $8k cap/year inclusive of all four categories is a joke, though.

Message 7 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

I'm going to try to PC.

The $8k cap/year inclusive of all four categories is a joke, though.

I called, you can't PC.  They can't change products from one to another was what they told me.  When I mentioned that you could with a checking account there was silence a little mumbling and then I was told the system wouldn't allow it.  

They were happy to tell me at first that I could change products by applying for the new one and when approved I could transfer my balance over to the new card and close the old one.  This would be the first bank that I am aware of that lets you transfer balances from one account to another, except Synchrony with the upgrade to the Walmart MC or other such upgrades.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can investigate... I have 2 PNC Core cards with $10k limits, opened 5 months apart. Only thing is they both have extremely long 0% APR offers (both were 18 months) so I'll see what they say...

Funny enough, they sent me a 3rd Core preapproval. PNC is goofy but I've been with them for 15 years, checking account wise.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, 

Just applied today and was instantly approved for a SL of $15k.  I have a PNC Points card ($1k) and a Cash Signature card ($7.5k)  I've also been banking with PNC my whole life.  Was kind of suprised they instantly approved me because I have 12 EXP inquiries.  

Note to all- PNC won't approve you for any of their cards unless you have an existing relationship, similar to WF.  I'm not 100% sure about this, but I've done enough research to confidently post it.

EXP- 786

EQ- 812

TU- 792

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.