cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Premier Travel Rewards Card - (New)

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: PNC Premier Travel Rewards Card - (New)

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never said I wanted the card, I never said it was prime, and I never said it was a good card... It's actually a weak offering.

OK, but there are lots of weak cards out there.  So why single this particular one out "for discussion"?

It does have a reasonably nice sign up bonus, for people that have travel expenses. And no AF for first year. So if obtained for the bonus and then dropped, it might be useful. I'm sure I'm not the only person who obtained an Arrival+ and decided to drop it after 11.5 months... 

However, one question that should be considered if someone was considering this card for the bonus: What is PNC's policy on consolidating/moving credit limits? 

In the Arrival+ case, I not only obtained a signup bonus, but I was able to transfer the credit limit to one of my other Barclay cards just by asking, and with no HP required. If something like this is available, and if someone has other PNC cards they will be keeping long term, then that could increase the value of obtaining this card. But, I suppose finding this out would require some more Discussion in this thread...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC Premier Travel Rewards Card - (New)

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never said I wanted the card, I never said it was prime, and I never said it was a good card... It's actually a weak offering.

OK, but there are lots of weak cards out there.  So why single this particular one out "for discussion"?

+1

That card might be just fine for those outside of the MyFico community.  But has no real place in a MyFico'er's wallet unless they happen to bank with PNC and/or it is their oldest account before they've become enlightened here. Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.