cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Visa Signature card hurts your credit score?

tag
BlackHawk1

Re: PNC Visa Signature card hurts your credit score?

"As stated above, most Singatures report limits these days."

Most isn't all. Smiley Happy I truly apprciate the help I do, I guess I just can't get the BS out of my head and worry. PNC said they would probably lower my 15k limit to 5k if I don't accept this Signature card. I really don't care. Maybe I am misinformed and going on old outdated info, I don't know. I also don't know how to quote you people in posts. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 55
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

"As stated above, most Singatures report limits these days."

Most isn't all. Smiley Happy I truly apprciate the help I do, I guess I just can't get the BS out of my head and worry. PNC said they would probably lower my 15k limit to 5k if I don't accept this Signature card. I really don't care. Maybe I am misinformed and going on old outdated info, I don't know. I also don't know how to quote you people in posts. Smiley Happy

if you are willing to lose 10K in credit which can possibly impact your scores from a utilization perspective, then why all the concern about the card being upgraded to a Signature?

Message 22 of 55
BlackHawk1

I think that is there tactic to get me to switch. Why would I be forced to lose 10k when my credit score is 811, I have never been late, and always pay my balance in full each month? It's their BS and I don't appreciate it.

Message 23 of 55
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

I think that is there tactic to get me to switch. Why would I be forced to lose 10k when my credit score is 811, I have never been late, and always pay my balance in full each month? It's their BS and I don't appreciate it.

So that they can charge merchants higher fees when you swipe the card. With Signature, WMC and WEMC they earn more. You have nothing to be worried about and nothing to lose. It's that simple.Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 55
BlackHawk1

That's really nice of them! Wow, unreal, but not surprised. These companies make me sick.

Message 25 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

BlackHawk1 - solution is to use cash.
Message 26 of 55
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

You will be at a loss if you don't upgrade.

Message 27 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe at one time VS cards could hurt utilization but that was years ago. I've had the PNC CashBuidler VS for some time now and it reports the limit but account type is flexible spending, so your util will be just fine. 

Message 28 of 55
BlackHawk1

@Spider15 wrote:
BlackHawk1 - solution is to use cash.

LOL no I get too much back in cashback to do that. I pay off my balances in full every month. I have done that since I got a CC many moons ago.

Message 29 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

That's really nice of them! Wow, unreal, but not surprised. These companies make me sick.

Of course they make changes to benefit them rather than hurt themselves, but in this case the change doesn't negatively impact you.  It might impact merchants but the belief is it brings them more business/better customers justifying the fee.

I think your fears are a little unfocused.  Originally you seem to think the issuer was trying to sucker you into giving you a card which would lower your score.  No real gain for the issuer there if it did, right?  You pay in full, so even an APR change wouldn't hurt you.

But do what you feel happier with.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.