cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Visa Signature card hurts your credit score?

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: PNC Visa Signature card hurts your credit score?

I happened to have this card with a 25K limit and it reports the limit to ALL 3Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 55
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:
BlackHawk1 - solution is to use cash.

LOL no I get too much back in cashback to do that. I pay off my balances in full every month. I have done that since I got a CC many moons ago.

See. You make money, they make money. I don't see any problem here.

Message 32 of 55
BlackHawk1

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

That's really nice of them! Wow, unreal, but not surprised. These companies make me sick.

Of course they make changes to benefit them rather than hurt themselves, but in this case the change doesn't negatively impact you.  It might impact merchants but the belief is it brings them more business/better customers justifying the fee.

I think your fears are a little unfocused.  Originally you seem to think the issuer was trying to sucker you into giving you a card which would lower your score.  No real gain for the issuer there if it did, right?  You pay in full, so even an APR change wouldn't hurt you.

But do what you feel happier with.

Well yes a card that would impact my score negatively, but not on purpose. I am stuck on what I read some years back about how they don't report correctly on these types.

Message 33 of 55
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I didn't read all the threads to know if someone has already answered the question or not, so here goes.

PNC Signature DOES report your limit and the fact that it is a flexible spending card.  Since the limit is reported, you shouldn't have any worries!

I do have the PNC Signature card, so I have seen the limit on my reports!

The only thing I don't like about the card is that they never give credit limit increases.  I have 5x what my limit is deposited at their bank and I guess even that relationship doesn't help me in getting a CLI!  The card has seen a lot of use and always PIF, except twice, and still they don't seem to want to hand out an increase without a hard pull.  I won't agree to an hp for a limit increase.  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 34 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

LOL no I get too much back in cashback to do that. I pay off my balances in full every month. I have done that since I got a CC many moons ago.

And you hate the companies giving you this cashback!

Message 35 of 55
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

That's really nice of them! Wow, unreal, but not surprised. These companies make me sick.

Of course they make changes to benefit them rather than hurt themselves, but in this case the change doesn't negatively impact you.  It might impact merchants but the belief is it brings them more business/better customers justifying the fee.

I think your fears are a little unfocused.  Originally you seem to think the issuer was trying to sucker you into giving you a card which would lower your score.  No real gain for the issuer there if it did, right?  You pay in full, so even an APR change wouldn't hurt you.

But do what you feel happier with.

Well yes a card that would impact my score negatively, but not on purpose. I am stuck on what I read some years back about how they don't report correctly on these types.

You've got stuck on some old info and we have tried to get you to move on. Your fear is baseless.

Message 36 of 55
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

Exactly my thought. Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 55
BlackHawk1

@Platinum wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

No that part is fine obviously, but the other baloney is not.

Message 38 of 55
BlackHawk1

You've got stuck on some old info and we have tried to get you to move on. Your fear is baseless.

Ok we will see. If my score goes down I will hunt you down! Smiley Wink lol

Message 39 of 55
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BlackHawk1 wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

No that part is fine obviously, but the other baloney is not.

There is no baloney here. They want to make it sustainable giving you that cash back, so they need to charge merchants higher fees when you upgrade. And now we know for sure, member here just reported, that they DO report your access line as your credit limit. What is to hate here???

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.