Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC credit cards

tag
ray8806
Regular Contributor

PNC credit cards

Does anyone have a CC with them?

I saw that their cash builder card is 1.25% cash back but their points card (or whatever they call it) gets 4 points per dollar on everything. Anyone know anything about their rewards or what their points are worth? I figure a card with 4 points on everything is a nice deal...but that also depends on how much one can redeem with their points.

Any thought on them?
EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC credit cards

@ray8806 wrote:
Does anyone have a CC with them?

I saw that their cash builder card is 1.25% cash back but their points card (or whatever they call it) gets 4 points per dollar on everything. Anyone know anything about their rewards or what their points are worth? I figure a card with 4 points on everything is a nice deal...but that also depends on how much one can redeem with their points.

Any thought on them?

I believe their points are worth about 0.25 cents/ea...Effectively a 1% card.

Message 2 of 24
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Eww hahah
EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 3 of 24
Hubcapjw
Contributor

I'm interested also.  Any ideas on scores and who they pull? I do have accounts with them if that helps.

thx

jeff

Message 4 of 24
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Think they like 2+AAOA, low utilization, and a few 10k+ cards.

Message 5 of 24
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Hubcapjw wrote:

I'm interested also.  Any ideas on scores and who they pull? I do have accounts with them if that helps.

thx

jeff

@Pulled EX for me. I don't bank with them. Gave me 14k @Anonymous.99% (my average).

Message 6 of 24
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Thank you. Maybe I'll hold off cause the highest I have is $5000

Message 7 of 24
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Hubcapjw wrote:

Thank you. Maybe I'll hold off cause the highest I have is $5000

There's really not a lot listed for their approval stats that can be considered recent. It's anybody's guess what their average is.

Message 8 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

They're conservative. I tried last year, I'm not going to try again unless they come out with a groundbreaking card. I still have the denial letter (pulled TU in MI, 2 inq, 797 Fico at the time). Manually reviewed, denied for new accts.
Message 9 of 24
elim
Senior Contributor

DGF got a secured card from them last year to start her rebuild (high 500 scores after job loss and student loans defaulted a few years ago). She also has a mortgage with them at 2.25%. thats all i know about PNC... period.

nice looking card though. best of luck if you jump on the rewards card.   :]

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.