Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POINTS AFTER BALANCE REDUCTION??

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

POINTS AFTER BALANCE REDUCTION??

i had two of my 300cl cap1 cards report balances of $255 and $248, which i think FICO considers MAXED out. i paid both, in full, the other day and the Statement on both cards will reflect that, so my question is how many points should i expect to regain once the new BAL. is reflected on my CR

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: POINTS AFTER BALANCE REDUCTION??

BTW, this will be the last time these cards will EVER see usage again. im officially done with CRAP1,they served their purpose. From here on out ill be mainly using my new FREEDOM and AMEX ZYNCSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
BTW, this will be the last time these cards will EVER see usage again. im officially done with CRAP1,they served their purpose. From here on out ill be mainly using my new FREEDOM and AMEX ZYNCSmiley Happy

Just depends I think but my GF had a maxed out CC about $325 I got her to pay her balance down to zero and she gained 50 points

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
gettnthere
Established Contributor

WOW!! that's an enormous increase just for a balance, how awesome would it be if I got 50pts lol I doubt it will be that much but I hopefully I should see a nice little bumpSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Utilization accounts for 30% of your FICO score, which represents 165 points of the possible 300 - 850 score range. My TU FICO score rose 84 points in one month when I decreased utilization from about 90% to about 20%.

Score dropped a bit this month due to increased utilization (33% based on reported combined limit of $10950 on that day) and more HPs; once all my new limits are reporting, utilization should drop to 17% and I'll probably get another 10 or so points back.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.