Did you mean: 

POLL: Absolute BEST Credit Cards for CASH REWARDS and AIRLINE MILES

tag
greeneman21
Contributor

Re: POLL: Absolute BEST Credit Cards for CASH REWARDS and AIRLINE MILES

@jsucool76 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

the absolute best rewards cards are the ones that you AP for an are approved, and use. If you don't do all three you won't recieve rewards. 

with that note:   

AMEX  BCP  is my first choice but you need to spend a lot to break even has a  AF

AMEX BCE  is the secord, hard to get but has decent rewards

AMEX Zync  with packs,  poissibly NPSL and 1% standard with packs getting 2% has AF plus some packs cost money. 

CapOne rewards  1% on everything, 2% on gas stations  easy to get with a small AF $39 

other capone's are nice but much harder to get. 

Chase Freedom, DISC more, DISC IT  has 5% on rotating items. and 1% on everything and upto 10% on certain retailers got 5% off hotels.com which also gives 1 free night after 10 stays, prices some of the best on the net. 

DISC more, DISC IT  has 5% on rotating items.  but has low rewards untill you spend a lot of money. 

Which capital one card gets 2% back on gas? I have the Cash rewards card and I don't get that D:

It's the No Hassle Rewards card. for 2% on gas. Also the cool thing about the No hassle card is your cash balance is updated as your purchases post....no waiting until your statement cuts.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 11 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

the absolute best rewards cards are the ones that you AP for an are approved, and use. If you don't do all three you won't recieve rewards. 

with that note:   

AMEX  BCP  is my first choice but you need to spend a lot to break even has a  AF

AMEX Zync  with packs,  poissibly NPSL and 1% standard with packs getting 2% has AF plus some packs cost money. 

CapOne rewards  1% on everything, 2% on gas stations  easy to get with a small AF $39 

Chase Freedom, DISC more, DISC IT  has 5% on rotating items. and 1% on everything and upto 10% on certain retailers got 5% off hotels.com which also gives 1 free night after 10 stays, prices some of the best on the net. 

DISC more, DISC IT  has 5% on rotating items.  but has low rewards untill you spend a lot of money. 

Which capital one card gets 2% back on gas? I have the Cash rewards card and I don't get that D:

Date Description Amount Rewards Type Rewards Amount

07/17/2012SPEEDWAY 04292 MIL
$71.50
Earn
$1.43 Cash

2% cashback at local gas station. Platinum Mastercard rewards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 38
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@greeneman21 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

with that note:   

It's the No Hassle Rewards card. for 2% on gas. Also the cool thing about the No hassle card is your cash balance is updated as your purchases post....no waiting until your statement cuts.

Bah, I don't think you can apply for that card anymore. They only have Venture (Miles) Cash (Cash Back) and that's it for rewards. The afilliate cards are the ones with points (MTV, Sony, Playstation)

Message 13 of 38
Ron1
Super Contributor

I think US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature is one of the best cash rewards card. It has no AF.

Ron.

Message 14 of 38
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I think US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature is one of the best cash rewards card. It has no AF.

Ron.

+1... choose two 5% categories, and one 2%. especially if you have bills.. because it is one of the 5% categories.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 15 of 38
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

US Bank cash + card is the best. Two 5% catagories your choice one 2% catagory your choice for evewrything else 1% cash back.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 16 of 38
lithium78
Established Contributor

With your kind of scores, I was able to get a Discover More (with 5% categories, currently gas, movie theaters, and theme parks) and a BoA 123 Cash Rewards (3% gas, 2% groceries, 1% everything else.)  Those cover the bases pretty well, until you have excellent credit and can get the big time prime cards.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 38
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Discover More is not prime? They give 15 mo's no interest, not many lenders will do that.  For sure prime.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 18 of 38
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1 -  US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig....  Offers 5% cash back for travel + one other 5% cash back choice along with a 2% cash back choice with no AF.  Probably my next card.  Just a clarification on the BCP.  To recoup the $75 annual fee, just need to spend $25 a week on groceries to cover the AF.  Everything else is cake with no max on rewards.  I use it for pretty much everything.  It's a GREAT card and hard to beat.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 19 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

US Bank cash + card is the best. Two 5% catagories your choice one 2% catagory your choice for evewrything else 1% cash back.

I respectfully disagree.  US Bank Cash+ is awesome card but isn't the best cash card.  The categories are very limiting (e.g. restaurant and fast food are 2 different categories).  As your main cash card, it is actually pretty limiting.  However where Cash+ shines is when it is used in conjunction with other cards.  It's an unique and great supporting card.  That is why it is special.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.