cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL: Best AIRLINE MILEAGE cc for "limited" nonbusiness travel????

tag

POLL: Best AIRLINE MILEAGE cc for "limited" nonbusiness travel????

I fly 2 or 3 times a year from JAX to Philadelphia. Thats ~6000 miles (round trip). And, I fly ONCE to Italy for vacation every year. That's ~8000 miles (round trip). So, MAXIMUM mileage ROUNDTRIP per year for me is 14,000 miles. So, which card is BEST for me and is it worth it to have an annual fee(i.e., will my rewards offset my annual fee)???? Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: POLL: Best AIRLINE MILEAGE cc for "limited" nonbusiness travel????

You are looking at this backwards. Ideally, you want a card that accumulates enough points through spending to get a free round trip ticket to Italy, or at least jax to Phili. What you need to tell us is how much card charge on your card (yearly), what categories you spend the most in and what airlines you fly. For example, if you spend 20k a year on your card, mostly at restaurants and fly mostly on star alliance carriers, I would vote chase sapphire preferred. If you fly Alitalia and stay in hotels a lot, Starwood Amex makes more sense, or one of the delta cards. Just knowing miles doesn'tfive us much to go on.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.