Did you mean: 

POLL! Chances of me being approved for BCE on my BDAY

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: POLL! Chances of me being approved for BCE on my BDAY

@zyzzus wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Personally unless they were going to quibble over the CO (is it paid?) I'd just app for the revolver I wanted now.

There's plenty of time left in the year to app for a charge card if you're looking for the membership stamp for future backdating, but unless Amex has you as an internal issue, I don't see a problem given that you've already qualified via what's accepted as a more challenging underwriting decision from Chase.

debt is not paid.  Navy sold the debt to a collector that is not reporting.  They softed me in may of 12 but never reported.  its WAY past SOL.  I offered to pay Navy but I found out too late.  C/O is for 1,000

I've done personal banking with chase and had a fair amount of money with them which helped with the approvals there.

Can you explain to me the underlined portion above?  I don't follow excuse my ignorance.

My biggest worry is that my accounts are relatively new as a whole and I have a fair amount of Inqs.... fml 

Just love me amex

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 11 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@zyzzus wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Personally unless they were going to quibble over the CO (is it paid?) I'd just app for the revolver I wanted now.

There's plenty of time left in the year to app for a charge card if you're looking for the membership stamp for future backdating, but unless Amex has you as an internal issue, I don't see a problem given that you've already qualified via what's accepted as a more challenging underwriting decision from Chase.

debt is not paid.  Navy sold the debt to a collector that is not reporting.  They softed me in may of 12 but never reported.  its WAY past SOL.  I offered to pay Navy but I found out too late.  C/O is for 1,000

I've done personal banking with chase and had a fair amount of money with them which helped with the approvals there.

Can you explain to me the underlined portion above?  I don't follow excuse my ignorance.

My biggest worry is that my accounts are relatively new as a whole and I have a fair amount of Inqs.... fml 

Just love me amex

There's a fringe benefit to Amex membership labelled backdating here and elsewhere (though don't call it that to an Amex CSR anecdotally).

Basically any card you open in the future gets "backdated" to the year you originally established your Amex membership... assuming they can find your record in the system at least heh.

In any event, it's a nice ability to be able to keep one's AAoA up as one transitions through cards over time with Amex.   As the only thing that matters is the year which you establish membership, my point was if that was of interest to you, that there was plenty of time to apply for a charge card (that you admittedly don't want) just to get your foot in the door in '13 than possibly missing it and getting it in '14.

Plenty of threads on this forum via searching for more information on the topicm, but it's Amex specific and a nice little thing to have in one's FICO toolbox for as long as they continue doing it.

        
Message 12 of 23
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Just love me amex

There's a fringe benefit to Amex membership labelled backdating here and elsewhere (though don't call it that to an Amex CSR anecdotally).

Basically any card you open in the future gets "backdated" to the year you originally established your Amex membership... assuming they can find your record in the system at least heh.

In any event, it's a nice ability to be able to keep one's AAoA up as one transitions through cards over time with Amex.   As the only thing that matters is the year which you establish membership, my point was if that was of interest to you, that there was plenty of time to apply for a charge card (that you admittedly don't want) just to get your foot in the door in '13 than possibly missing it and getting it in '14.

Plenty of threads on this forum via searching for more information on the topicm, but it's Amex specific and a nice little thing to have in one's FICO toolbox for as long as they continue doing it.

understsood.  

Honestly if you think I have a fair shake at this I'll app before the b-day I thought I'd have to deliberate until then to feel comfortable. 

Bump for the day crew.  What do you think my chances are?

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 13 of 23
zyzzus
Established Contributor

applied and denied lol

american express hates me.

Message 14 of 23
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Advice on recon would be appreciated

Message 15 of 23
zyzzus
Established Contributor

last bump and i'll let this die.

I reached out to EO

I am honestly frustrated.

Our conversation was very brief.  I explained that I wanted to establish a relationship with them and this is my last effort to do so.  I was told I would be contacted within 2 business days.  I do not expect an approval.

All three reports were pulled.  Normal reconsideration line said they only pulled TU and said I could dispute the other pulls off lol. 

I'll go hang out over here in subprime land :'(

Message 16 of 23
zyzzus
Established Contributor

To continue my post whore spree...

I just got an email saying that my application was in progress wich is concurrent with the app status webpage.

Will update with results.

Message 17 of 23
NCGirl
New Contributor

I was borderline when Amex sent me a pre-approval for their green card. I do not like charge cards because I sometimes make big purchases and like the flex to pay it off within a 3 month timespan. So, I called them and asked if they had another product. It was the Amex rep who mentioned the BCE to me. I app'd for it and was approved for 6,500. My income is $120,000 and my score with EX at that time was 718. There was also a judgment listed on my account which is six years old and some late pay that are two-three years old.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 18 of 23
ElCamino
Contributor

Get the Green Card. The AF is waived for the first year and any apps you do following that will be SPs if they are denied. It's also reportedlty easier to be approved for than the revolvers, and you'll be backdated when you finally get a revolver.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 19 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

last bump and i'll let this die.

I reached out to EO

I am honestly frustrated.

Our conversation was very brief.  I explained that I wanted to establish a relationship with them and this is my last effort to do so.  I was told I would be contacted within 2 business days.  I do not expect an approval.

All three reports were pulled.  Normal reconsideration line said they only pulled TU and said I could dispute the other pulls off lol. 

I'll go hang out over here in subprime land :'(

So you can dispute the other 2 and the CRA will remove the inquires? never heard of that

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.