Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

Hi everyone, has anyone else recieved a pre-approval offer lately from citi for their platinum select card.  Has anyone applied for this offer on line before and was DENIED.  I am really surprised to get this letter in the mail today, ? if I should just bite the bullet, go all out and take my chances.  Letter has personal pre-approval number, 0% balance transfers until 12/01/10, 0%APR on purchases until 12/01/10 then 18.99% variable after that, also offering extra cash from citi stating you'll automatically earn extra cash on 10% of purchases made with the card also giving a 100 bonus dollars to get started. I noticed there is a soft pull inquiry on my EX report from Citi. If I apply for this card, I will end up being in the gutter for a while, but would like this PRIME card.  Any polls out there.  Thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

IMHO I'd recommend you app for this card.  I have this card it's a very good card.  I think they have different tiers of this card if you get approved please post!

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 2 of 17
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I got a pre-approval in the mail a couple months ago . I almost resisted , Im glad i didnt . I was approved for 12.5k  with the 9 months 0% and then 12% i believe .  My scores at that time were high 600's  AAOA at a year . Oldest account 2 yrs.

Message 3 of 17
tray
Valued Contributor

On a different site it states for Citi card platinum

11% Rate 1

15.99% Rate 2

19.99% Rate 3

I quess maybe I could be rate 2 or 3 on approved app states Prime rate+ 15.74%, currently 18.99%  can anyone shed some light.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 17
nurse81

I also received a pre approved offer. Thanks to the forums, i applied online and received an approval for 6500 with interest free for 18 months, with an interest rate of 13.99% following.  Thanks for the info, I was not going to apply.    My credit scores last december was 726 and 723 with large balances holding me back.   I paid down a car last month and am paying off two interest-free cards this month.  Thanks again for the info, I thought it was a fake offer.

Message 5 of 17
ALP
New Contributor

I received the offer for this card, except the APR offered after 18mo's was 13.99%.  I decided not to apply as i have 2 accounts less than 6 months old.  I don't think citi likes new accounts.  It feels good to be receiving prime offers, but I think I'll sit tight for a while and get some account age. 

I AM curious as to everyone's results who did apply Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 17
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I recieved this offer yesterday. After thinking about it all day trying to muster enough nerve to pull the trigger I finally did it. It was the longest 18 seconds of my life (I timed it). I was expecting a quick "Hell NO". Instead was instantly appoved for 8.7K 0% on purchase and balance transfers until 11/01/11 13.99% thereafter. $30 statement credit after making $30 in purchases in the first 3 months.$100 bonus dollars in Extra Cash upon approval. Now mind you, this is very imppresive considring where I came from (long pathetic story). I almost fell out my chair.

@tray wrote:

Hi everyone, has anyone else recieved a pre-approval offer lately from citi for their platinum select card.  Has anyone applied for this offer on line before and was DENIED.  I am really surprised to get this letter in the mail today, ? if I should just bite the bullet, go all out and take my chances.  Letter has personal pre-approval number, 0% balance transfers until 12/01/10, 0%APR on purchases until 12/01/10 then 18.99% variable after that, also offering extra cash from citi stating you'll automatically earn extra cash on 10% of purchases made with the card also giving a 100 bonus dollars to get started. I noticed there is a soft pull inquiry on my EX report from Citi. If I apply for this card, I will end up being in the gutter for a while, but would like this PRIME card.  Any polls out there.  Thanks for any information.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 7 of 17
ALP
New Contributor

Heh, these approval stories are making it difficult to resist the urge to apply.   Hasn't anyone got denied yet???  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

we didn't get a pre-approval letter, but we just got this card at the end of july.  no complaints so far.  might get another just to BT everything faster.

i noticed in your first post though that you said you only get 0% BT til december of this year.  is that right?  on their website, they are giving out 18 months.  we also got 0% for the first year on purchases.  seems like it might be better not to go through the pre-approval.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i applied last tuesday got approved for 4800 my fico score was 718 i was wondering for the people who have the card how long did it take to come by mail...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.