Valued Contributor
tray

PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

Hi everyone, has anyone else recieved a pre-approval offer lately from citi for their platinum select card.  Has anyone applied for this offer on line before and was DENIED.  I am really surprised to get this letter in the mail today, ? if I should just bite the bullet, go all out and take my chances.  Letter has personal pre-approval number, 0% balance transfers until 12/01/10, 0%APR on purchases until 12/01/10 then 18.99% variable after that, also offering extra cash from citi stating you'll automatically earn extra cash on 10% of purchases made with the card also giving a 100 bonus dollars to get started. I noticed there is a soft pull inquiry on my EX report from Citi. If I apply for this card, I will end up being in the gutter for a while, but would like this PRIME card.  Any polls out there.  Thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Regular Contributor
blacklotus

Re: PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

IMHO I'd recommend you app for this card.  I have this card it's a very good card.  I think they have different tiers of this card if you get approved please post!

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

I got a pre-approval in the mail a couple months ago . I almost resisted , Im glad i didnt . I was approved for 12.5k  with the 9 months 0% and then 12% i believe .  My scores at that time were high 600's  AAOA at a year . Oldest account 2 yrs.

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013

Valued Contributor
tray

On a different site it states for Citi card platinum

11% Rate 1

15.99% Rate 2

19.99% Rate 3

I quess maybe I could be rate 2 or 3 on approved app states Prime rate+ 15.74%, currently 18.99%  can anyone shed some light.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
nurse81

I also received a pre approved offer. Thanks to the forums, i applied online and received an approval for 6500 with interest free for 18 months, with an interest rate of 13.99% following.  Thanks for the info, I was not going to apply.    My credit scores last december was 726 and 723 with large balances holding me back.   I paid down a car last month and am paying off two interest-free cards this month.  Thanks again for the info, I thought it was a fake offer.

New Contributor
ALP

I received the offer for this card, except the APR offered after 18mo's was 13.99%.  I decided not to apply as i have 2 accounts less than 6 months old.  I don't think citi likes new accounts.  It feels good to be receiving prime offers, but I think I'll sit tight for a while and get some account age. 

I AM curious as to everyone's results who did apply :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
OnTheRebound

I recieved this offer yesterday. After thinking about it all day trying to muster enough nerve to pull the trigger I finally did it. It was the longest 18 seconds of my life (I timed it). I was expecting a quick "Hell NO". Instead was instantly appoved for 8.7K 0% on purchase and balance transfers until 11/01/11 13.99% thereafter. $30 statement credit after making $30 in purchases in the first 3 months.$100 bonus dollars in Extra Cash upon approval. Now mind you, this is very imppresive considring where I came from (long pathetic story). I almost fell out my chair.

tray wrote:

Hi everyone, has anyone else recieved a pre-approval offer lately from citi for their platinum select card.  Has anyone applied for this offer on line before and was DENIED.  I am really surprised to get this letter in the mail today, ? if I should just bite the bullet, go all out and take my chances.  Letter has personal pre-approval number, 0% balance transfers until 12/01/10, 0%APR on purchases until 12/01/10 then 18.99% variable after that, also offering extra cash from citi stating you'll automatically earn extra cash on 10% of purchases made with the card also giving a 100 bonus dollars to get started. I noticed there is a soft pull inquiry on my EX report from Citi. If I apply for this card, I will end up being in the gutter for a while, but would like this PRIME card.  Any polls out there.  Thanks for any information.

Mine- Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / DW's- I'm AU on most- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / Citi Simplicity MC $4.4K / GE Lowes $10K / GE CareCredit $5K
myFico Scores as of 10/03/2014
Equifax 798 / Experian 811 / TransUnion 814
New Contributor
ALP

Heh, these approval stories are making it difficult to resist the urge to apply.   Hasn't anyone got denied yet???  :smileywink:

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

we didn't get a pre-approval letter, but we just got this card at the end of july.  no complaints so far.  might get another just to BT everything faster.

i noticed in your first post though that you said you only get 0% BT til december of this year.  is that right?  on their website, they are giving out 18 months.  we also got 0% for the first year on purchases.  seems like it might be better not to go through the pre-approval.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
New Visitor
quababy

i applied last tuesday got approved for 4800 my fico score was 718 i was wondering for the people who have the card how long did it take to come by mail...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}