bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: PRG Annual fee came due..

@someg33k wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

First year is over and the fee hit my account. Was on the fence far as keeping the card or not. Did not end up using it for travel like I had intended, as my company all of a sudden started using their own business Amex for all travel. :/

Anyhow chatted customer servce and they checked to see if my account had an option to talk with retention. No idea if that is legit or not. Do they send everyone to retention for PRG?

Offered $50.00 immediate credit ,and another $50.00 after $500 in spend within 90 days. Annual fee reduced to $95.00.   And of course if I take advantage of any of the perks like the $100 airline credit the annual fee completely vanishes.

So sure I kept the card Smiley Happy

imo the time to retention is a few weeks after the af posts.  I called in and was just negative about the prg and they gave me $75 just to cheer me up a bit. serious.  I suppose if one books all the time with airlines the 3x could be nice but I really dont see the point of the card for me but if you do that is great.  I fully expect to app for an ED to store my mr's in a few months unless they throw it at me for n/c.  if you talk about chase this and that and bitch about the card they will pony up

I hear you..

With the bonus MR points I got year 1 and no AF the first year, coupled with the AF reduction today. The math of keeping and using this card works out pretty well for me.

Plus just added my wife so there is another 5k of MR points.

When next years AF rolls around.. back to the retention department again Smiley Wink

sorry to project, that is not fair.  I guess I am tired of the use incognito for this offer, or use a vpn for that.  I feel like I am doing a config for a porsche and everything is extra or jumping through hoops with them.  I dont have time for games.  I picked up 248K URs since the election, it could not have been easier.  the idea of having to pick an airline before feb just iced it for me.  the one piece of advice I wish I took from a well known poster here a year ago is to focus on chase, best credit move I have done to date

Soon as I am below 5/24 I'll be looking at another Chase card and probably send PRG packing Smiley Happy 

good deal, is there a branch nearby? 

Message 11 of 13
someg33k
Established Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

First year is over and the fee hit my account. Was on the fence far as keeping the card or not. Did not end up using it for travel like I had intended, as my company all of a sudden started using their own business Amex for all travel. :/

Anyhow chatted customer servce and they checked to see if my account had an option to talk with retention. No idea if that is legit or not. Do they send everyone to retention for PRG?

Offered $50.00 immediate credit ,and another $50.00 after $500 in spend within 90 days. Annual fee reduced to $95.00.   And of course if I take advantage of any of the perks like the $100 airline credit the annual fee completely vanishes.

So sure I kept the card Smiley Happy

imo the time to retention is a few weeks after the af posts.  I called in and was just negative about the prg and they gave me $75 just to cheer me up a bit. serious.  I suppose if one books all the time with airlines the 3x could be nice but I really dont see the point of the card for me but if you do that is great.  I fully expect to app for an ED to store my mr's in a few months unless they throw it at me for n/c.  if you talk about chase this and that and bitch about the card they will pony up

I hear you..

With the bonus MR points I got year 1 and no AF the first year, coupled with the AF reduction today. The math of keeping and using this card works out pretty well for me.

Plus just added my wife so there is another 5k of MR points.

When next years AF rolls around.. back to the retention department again Smiley Wink

sorry to project, that is not fair.  I guess I am tired of the use incognito for this offer, or use a vpn for that.  I feel like I am doing a config for a porsche and everything is extra or jumping through hoops with them.  I dont have time for games.  I picked up 248K URs since the election, it could not have been easier.  the idea of having to pick an airline before feb just iced it for me.  the one piece of advice I wish I took from a well known poster here a year ago is to focus on chase, best credit move I have done to date

Soon as I am below 5/24 I'll be looking at another Chase card and probably send PRG packing Smiley Happy 

good deal, is there a branch nearby? 

Indeed! Tripping all over Chase branches in my neck of the woods. I am within an hour of Columbus Ohio.

Not ready to push my luck quite yet even with a possible branch pre-qualify. Want to let me new accounts settle down before lending potentially manually reviews my accounts Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 13
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I just received the same $75 customer loyalty credit. My annual fee posted this morning. I was asked if the reason I was considering closing it due to the annual fee. I said yes.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.