Valued Contributor

Re: PRG adding 2X on Restaurants + $100 Airline credit

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

So in essense, the PRG is now the CSP. It's $100 more expensive, yes, but it has a $100 air line credit.

Quite the quandary for those who own both cards...

PRG has gas and groceries which csp doesn't have, but they also have an higher AF and FTF. 

The annual fee is $100 more than CSP but you get $100 airline credit which AMEX has known to be pretty liberal with what you can use this for. The PRG will no longer have an FTF.

You can carry a balance on CSP. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

So in essense, the PRG is now the CSP. It's $100 more expensive, yes, but it has a $100 air line credit.

Quite the quandary for those who own both cards...

PRG has gas and groceries which csp doesn't have, but they also have an higher AF and FTF. 

The annual fee is $100 more than CSP but you get $100 airline credit which AMEX has known to be pretty liberal with what you can use this for. The PRG will no longer have an FTF.

You can carry a balance on CSP. Smiley Wink

Sorry -- 1 more point for Amex Gold vs CSP -- we can do that too! Smiley Very Happy

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/lending/enroll/us/action?request_type=payovertime

@ 18.4% APR

@Anonymous @ 22.9 with CSP Smiley Very Happy

Message 71 of 113
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I might actually keep this card after the first year and it will be a bonus if they give me some kind of retention offer in the mix. I especially have been using this card when I go out to eat so that's really nice too.

I'm definitely giving it the heave ho in August and hoping for a Plat 100K or at least 75K offer. I already have the backdate from it so..

Good luck with that plat offer not holding my breath on that ever coming since i have an amex card already. 

Well you don't have to trample my dreams. Smiley Indifferent

I will not be taking the plat with just 40K MR unless first year AF is waived. I am still looking at getting a SPG in January '16 though for some extra BD + Hopefully 35K bonus

How come you didn't get in on the 50k with 1st year AF waived offer on the PRG? 

Message 72 of 113
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I was in LV last weekend, very nice. 

I was contemplating closing the PRG this year and just keeping the Plat but this changes my plan. 

I have no problem with the AF now

LV is great and easy to take the Tram to flights without having to go through security again, unlike SFO!  

Yeah.. what's with the SFO Cent lounge?  I've heard it's difficult to get to.

I typically land between there an OAK but this is the first year I've had the Plat so now I'm keeping in mind the lounges.

If SFO is my destination - woud it still be hard to get to or are those complaints mostly from departees/connectors?

I used both ua international 1st and VA club house. Va clubhouse is the nicest lounges i ever been to

Message 73 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joe, 15.99% on CSP.

And the 50K PRG was not around when I applied. Smiley Indifferent

Message 74 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

I used both ua international 1st and VA club house. Va clubhouse is the nicest lounges i ever been to

Yes, I was at the JFK VA lounge a few weeks ago and it's super nice! I've yet to try a Cent lounge for comparison.

Message 75 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do love the $100 airline credit the PRG will be sporting in June though!

So far I have $500 in AA GC's:

RC: $300

Plat: $200

Planning on app'ing for the Biz Plat and Citi Prestige in a few days.  If I get approved *cross fingers* that'll be another $450 in AA GC's and with the new PRG, it'll put me at $1050.

That'll make for a super cheap UK flight or 1st class IAD>SFO Smiley Happy  Been meaning to take the lady to Half-Moon Bay Ritz.

(I'm gonna try to use it with the Plat companion tix)

Message 76 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I do love the $100 airline credit the PRG will be sporting in June though!

So far I have $500 in AA GC's:

RC: $300

Plat: $200

Planning on app'ing for the Biz Plat and Citi Prestige in a few days.  If I get approved *cross fingers* that'll be another $450 in AA GC's and with the new PRG, it'll put me at $1050.

That'll make for a super cheap UK flight or 1st class IAD>SFO Smiley Happy  Been meaning to take the lady to Half-Moon Bay Ritz.

(I'm gonna try to use it with the Plat companion tix)

Have you done your GCs for 2015 yet on the RC?  You also must live near me

Message 77 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup! Just posted on the 140k thread.

I did 1x100 and 1x200 and called it in with no probs!

Yeah I'm by FFX - I could really go either DCA or IAD but I find IAD much better for traffic and also just nicer in general.
Message 78 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yup! Just posted on the 140k thread.

I did 1x100 and 1x200 and called it in with no probs!

Yeah I'm by FFX - I could really go either DCA or IAD but I find IAD much better for traffic and also just nicer in general.

Ok great.  I need to get mine.  I'm in upper MoCo across the river.  I can use any of the 3 airports but have been using IAD to fly to Vegas nonstop but for my upcoming trip going to try out of DCA because AA has a direct from there to Vegas operated by USAir and I used my GCs for that one.  Going to see how the it compares but always concerned with traffic going there on a weekday

Message 79 of 113
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Wow! This is awesome news! Smiley Very Happy

Once I get outta law schoool, I'm really looking to cut back on my current stash of cards. And with this new PRG upgrade, it might just become my card of choice for practically everything. I said a month ago that Amex needed to upgrade the PRG's benefits to justify the AF. Well, they did just that. 

UGH. Decisions, decisions. But at least I have time to gauge how much value it brings me before I have to decide. 

This will finally put the PRG ahead of the CSP. With CSP and EDP still compete, the PRG is again in its own category with 3x airfare, 2x dining, 2x gas, 2x groceries and no FTF.

And when it comes to choosing between Chase and Amex for me, that's still a no brainer. Amex all the way. I wouldn't trust making a big expenditure on any other card than an Amex. 

Message 80 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.