Open123
Super Contributor

Re: PRG adding 2X on Restaurants + $100 Airline credit

@NRB525 wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I glad this thread piped back up, I was contemplating upgrading last night. I have a question though, I already have a green card, so if the PRG or plat comes out with a huge bonus will I qualify for it being that i already have a green card? I just thought I'd ask because if I do qualify if just wait for a sweet offer in either then pull the trigger. Smiley Happy

That'll depend.. I don't qualifiy for the normal PRG sign up bonus because I'm a current card holder (of the BCE. ED, and Blue)

I had my Surpass and BCE when I apped under the 50k and 1st year waived AF link...so you can get the bonuses offered.

You just app incognito.

How do you app? While one is logged out?

In Internet Explorer, there is a menu Tools --> In Private Browsing option that takes care of setting up incognito for that window. No messy clearing of cookies or other chores.

Right, Private Browing is even better!  No messing around with control panel.

Message 101 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I glad this thread piped back up, I was contemplating upgrading last night. I have a question though, I already have a green card, so if the PRG or plat comes out with a huge bonus will I qualify for it being that i already have a green card? I just thought I'd ask because if I do qualify if just wait for a sweet offer in either then pull the trigger. Smiley Happy

That'll depend.. I don't qualifiy for the normal PRG sign up bonus because I'm a current card holder (of the BCE. ED, and Blue)

I had my Surpass and BCE when I apped under the 50k and 1st year waived AF link...so you can get the bonuses offered.

You just app incognito.

In Internet Explorer, there is a menu Tools --> In Private Browsing option that takes care of setting up incognito for that window. No messy clearing of cookies or other chores.

most modern browsers have an incognito mode/ private browsing mode built in. I am pretty sure Firefox, chrome, IE and safari all have that feature. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 102 of 113
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You just app incognito.

most modern browsers have an incognito mode/ private browsing mode built in. I am pretty sure Firefox, chrome, IE and safari all have that feature. 

Will they know though that once you link your new card to your account?

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 103 of 113
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CarbonCard wrote:

Will they know though that once you link your new card to your account?

Incognito apping is something that (usually) works currently, although there is no guarantee it will always do so (because it is a STUPID loophole!)   And Amex doesn't need anyting as complex as linking your new card to your account:: presumably your app contained your SSN which they can trivially see also belongs to existing cards.   So I guess they either don't care, or never got round to fixing it, or relatively few people really do this.

Message 104 of 113
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Can someone confirm this has begun? I haven't received any notification nor do I see the changes on the Amex website.
Message 105 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Can someone confirm this has begun? I haven't received any notification nor do I see the changes on the Amex website.

There are reports elsewhere that is in effect now (airlines reimbursement specifically) but I'd suggest asking on chat prior to making any purchases.

Message 106 of 113
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

There are reports elsewhere that is in effect now (airlines reimbursement specifically) but I'd suggest asking on chat prior to making any purchases.

Not on website yet.. Woulda thought the app would of been updated.. Suprised it isn't, but pretty sure it is in effect?

Message 107 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Not on website yet.. Woulda thought the app would of been updated.. Suprised it isn't, but pretty sure it is in effect?

Someone on FT reported that he called about the airline reimbursement and was told that for now all you have to do is call them and pick an airline (basically same procedure as Platinum minus phone call).  So if that's in effect I'd image it all is. But youre right though that nothing on website or any emails.  Strange

Message 108 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange for sure.

Message 109 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Someone on FT reported that he called about the airline reimbursement and was told that for now all you have to do is call them and pick an airline (basically same procedure as Platinum minus phone call).  So if that's in effect I'd image it all is. But youre right though that nothing on website or any emails.  Strange

I was able to select and activate my fee credit after chatting with them when they sent me to https://www.americanexpress.com/selectAFC

Just so everyone knows, depending on the airline, gift cards may show up as reimbursible fees.

Message 110 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.