Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRG adding 2X on Restaurants + $100 Airline credit

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PRG adding 2X on Restaurants + $100 Airline credit

@Stralem wrote:

So in essense, the PRG is now the CSP. It's $100 more expensive, yes, but it has a $100 air line credit.

Quite the quandary for those who own both cards...

Well, except for the 3x airfare, 2x gas and 2x supermarket

Message 11 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

So in essense, the PRG is now the CSP. It's $100 more expensive, yes, but it has a $100 air line credit.

Well, except for the 3x airfare, 2x gas and 2x supermarket

Details, details

Message 12 of 113
Stralem
Established Contributor

Mod cut .

Re-reads card details:

As I said, it's nothing like the CSP. 

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 13 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

PRG has gas and groceries which csp doesn't have, but they also have an higher AF and FTF. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 113
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Mod cut-...

Re-reads card details:

As I said, it's nothing like the CSP. 

Most people also value UR higher than MR but I guess it might depend on the airlines you use if transferring to partners.

Message 15 of 113
IWOL
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

PRG has gas and groceries which csp doesn't have, but they also have an higher AF and FTF. 

The annual fee is $100 more than CSP but you get $100 airline credit which AMEX has known to be pretty liberal with what you can use this for. The PRG will no longer have an FTF.

If you have both CSP and PRG I would still rather use CSP at restaurants becuase I value the UR points higher and prefer the UR travel partners but the $100 airline fee is a nice way to bring the true cost of the annual fee on PRG to $95 if you use it.

Message 16 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

The annual fee is $100 more than CSP but you get $100 airline credit which AMEX has known to be pretty liberal with what you can use this for. The PRG will no longer have an FTF.

You can carry a balance on CSP. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

Sorry -- 1 more point for Amex Gold vs CSP -- we can do that too! Smiley Very Happy

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/lending/enroll/us/action?request_type=payovertime

Message 18 of 113
elbori357
Regular Contributor

I just got the card about a month ago, could someone more experience explain how the airline credit works?
Thanks
MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 19 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

You can too on the PRG, if you're brave 

Message 20 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.