Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRG adding 2X on Restaurants + $100 Airline credit

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: PRG adding 2X on Restaurants + $100 Airline credit

i wish i could get AA gift cards but apparently being in NJ you cannot get them Smiley Mad

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 81 of 113
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@mikelo22 wrote:

Wow! This is awesome news! Smiley Very Happy

Once I get outta law schoool, I'm really looking to cut back on my current stash of cards. And with this new PRG upgrade, it might just become my card of choice for practically everything. I said a month ago that Amex needed to upgrade the PRG's benefits to justify the AF. Well, they did just that. 

UGH. Decisions, decisions. But at least I have time to gauge how much value it brings me before I have to decide. 

This will finally put the PRG ahead of the CSP. With CSP and EDP still compete, the PRG is again in its own category with 3x airfare, 2x dining, 2x gas, 2x groceries and no FTF.

And when it comes to choosing between Chase and Amex for me, that's still a no brainer. Amex all the way. I wouldn't trust making a big expenditure on any other card than an Amex. 

PRG is a charge card, so its already in its own category. Thus, CSP and EDP have different bonus categories as well. Btw,Citi Thankyou preferred offer the same for only 95$,and it catching up rapidly with  more partners 
Message 82 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

Wow! This is awesome news! Smiley Very Happy

Once I get outta law schoool, I'm really looking to cut back on my current stash of cards. And with this new PRG upgrade, it might just become my card of choice for practically everything. I said a month ago that Amex needed to upgrade the PRG's benefits to justify the AF. Well, they did just that. 

UGH. Decisions, decisions. But at least I have time to gauge how much value it brings me before I have to decide. 

This will finally put the PRG ahead of the CSP. With CSP and EDP still compete, the PRG is again in its own category with 3x airfare, 2x dining, 2x gas, 2x groceries and no FTF.

And when it comes to choosing between Chase and Amex for me, that's still a no brainer. Amex all the way. I wouldn't trust making a big expenditure on any other card than an Amex. 

PRG is a charge card, so its already in its own category. Thus, CSP and EDP have different bonus categories as well. Btw,Citi Thankyou preferred offer the same for only 95$,and it catching up rapidly with  more partners 

the major issue i would have TYP is there are no domestic carriers so you are always going to have to pay fuel surcharges?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 83 of 113
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Yeah i wish citi add AA soon. Like they already did with the prestige 
Message 84 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

they need to fix the Platinum card now! i want bonus point categories. or at least bring the bonus points mall back!

look at this ****ing s#!t below! why does a $95 AF card get bonus categories but the $475 AF card does not?!?

Message 85 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

they need to fix the Platinum card now! i want bonus point categories. or at least bring the bonus points mall back!

look at this ****ing s#!t below! why does a $95 AF card get bonus categories but the $475 AF card does not?!?

Do either of these cards get same lounge access?

Message 86 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do either of these cards get same lounge access?

yep. the platinum card works like any other platinum card. the difference is that you get a few EXTRA benefits for $25 more a year. just last week i used the $1000 certificate as a down payment on a 2015 C400. it covered the bank fee and DMV fees. 

the $200 airline credit, lounge access, $100 TSA credit, all that is still there. 

Message 87 of 113
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Damn, this all complicates matters. I tried to close my PRG last October but they gave me a 25K MR to keep it open. I was certain I was going to put all my spending on my SPG to collect those Starpoints, but now I'm in two minds.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 88 of 113
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Hmm, I need to start using my PRG more, maybe.  It's the least used of my 20 cards...and I do have good cards.

Message 89 of 113
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I noticed today that AMEX announced changes to the PRG.

They are adding 2X points for retaurants and a $100 airline credit but the annual fee is going up to $195 form $175. Also, no FTF.

Seems like an improvemnt since these added benefits will only cost $20 more per year.

Anyone know if this will this apply to Business Gold??

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 90 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.