Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRG on its way out the door

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: PRG on its way out the door

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

senior isnt offered anymore to anyone  If you have senior now you are grandfathered, new people can't obtain it.. Not sure of the policy change date

Too bad. My green getting ax as well. In October. Just can't justify a charge card. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

senior isnt offered anymore to anyone  If you have senior now you are grandfathered, new people can't obtain it.. Not sure of the policy change date

who cares. senior amex doesnt have MRs which is the whole pt of amex imo

Message 12 of 18
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

What does one typically say to try to get a bonus when calling to cancel? I'm thinking of closing my PRG, but if they offer me a bonus to stay, I may just do it.

Message 13 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

What does one typically say to try to get a bonus when calling to cancel? I'm thinking of closing my PRG, but if they offer me a bonus to stay, I may just do it.

I want to close my account.  They'll ask why and go from there

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep me too the 195 free up was the nail in the coffin. I might downgrade to the green but I haven't decided yet. MR points aren't worth it to me anymore. I xfer them to Starwood 333 for every 1000. The 100 dollar aline credit is nice but I do very little personal trave with the PRG.
Message 15 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Just make sure y'all get the $100 airline credit before you close. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd take that Plat in a minute for the PRG $195.00 AF. With the yearly $250.00 airline credit it'd be like getting $55.00 back every year plus all the other added benefits, including the airport lounge with free booze & food.
Message 17 of 18
CreditJim
Established Contributor

They weren't offering him the Plat for the PRG AF lol. They offer an upgrade on card... and fee!
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.