Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME credit card

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

PRIME credit card

What PRIME CREDIT CARD could my wife get with a FICO score of 700 both TU, EQ, and EX income 20k alot of inquiries NO BKs or collections in either credit bureaus, Thanks!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: PRIME credit card

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

What PRIME CREDIT CARD could my wife get with a FICO score of 700 both TU, EQ, and EX income 20k alot of inquiries NO BKs or collections in either credit bureaus, Thanks!!

Your scores seems high.  No baddies, so thats good.  Income is not usually that much of an issue, so you're fine there.  Inquiries, now that may get you.

How much are alot of inquires and are they all on the same reports?

Message 2 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Oh yea we are not new to credit so we have a good credit history and she has 4 in TU 6 in EQ and 13 in EX 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm she should try discover; chase; or amex. All three are good... shes a little high on inquiries but she should be able to recon.

Tell her to look at amex BCE; discover more; chase freedom. All are solid cards
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 12
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Hmm she should try discover; chase; or amex. All three are good... shes a little high on inquiries but she should be able to recon.

Tell her to look at amex BCE; discover more; chase freedom. All are solid cards

+1

Plus also you want to try a lender that pulls only TU or only EQ in your area.

Message 5 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Exactly I live in southern cali any ideas of who?

Message 6 of 12
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Exactly I live in southern cali any ideas of who?

Not sure.  Theres always that whogavemecreidt site, but it really isn't that reliable it seems.

I have heard that USAA only pulls EQ, but they actually SP me on TU before.  So again thats not really reliable.

Im sure someone can chime in and give more reliable results than me.

Message 7 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

USAA is it only for military people? or can anybody join.

Message 8 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

You know what I going to wait because she currently got a totoal of $1,850 in credit card increase so ima wait for that to report to the agencies and then see her new report, but still would appreciate any ideas of prime cards We bank Wells fargo but know that they pull EX so thats taking a huge risk.

Message 9 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

USAA is it only for military people? or can anybody join.

Anyone can join their Checking / Savings and cheap good credit monitoring service. Not everyone can get cards or mortgages etc as a full membership is required.

Their checking / savings is worth it imo cause they give you free access to ANY ATM in America (reimburses you for $20 worth of ATM charges each month) so no more hunting down ATM's to save a few bucks. But you'd be surprised as Military banking's requirements were greatly relaxed in recent years. Even having a roommate that has USAA will qualify you.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.