Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU APPROVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSECU APPROVAL

Nice, congrats! I'd love to join PSECU - but mainly for the EX score. Unfortunately (or fortunately Smiley Wink) I don't live in PA and I don't have any relatives out there, so it doesn't seem like theres an in with them. I can't believe they're the only CU offering the score. I get EQ from DCU and TU from Walmart, now I just *need* my EX score somehow.

Message 11 of 17
max2mum
New Contributor

My score at the time-ex-642.  It is not score driven. They look at your complete picture.  I called on the phone and did the app with a rep.  As far as I know you  have to live in PA to be a member, or work for a company that is a member.  You can certainly call them and explore all possibilites with them.

Starting Score: tu-460 eq-570 ex-580
Current Score: tu-693 (6/6/12) eq-624 ex-679 (6/6/12)

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

I got in before they stopped taking people that didn't live or work in PA.

Message 13 of 17
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:

visorboy1974,

If you don't mind me asking what were your scores when you app'd? Where they inq sensitive? Were they UTL sensitive? Thanks for the info!!

EX FICO was 703 when I was approved.  

OP, as for a way to avoid the in between stop, I'd just use the card a bit if I were you...I think their CLI process is pretty easy.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could join PSECU but unfortunately I don't have a relative living there but my parents do have a friend who lives there. I wonder if she can vouch for me as being a relative if she becomes a member Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Congrats, Psecu keeps giving me the cold shoulder.    Theyve declined me 3 times over the last year and a half for recent inquries or recently opened accounts.  Im going to wait till all my accounts and inquiries are over a year old and try again.  They could care less about my fico score, they said they dont want to see any new accounts.  Ive seen other people getting approved with a bunch new accounts, but their playing hardball with me,lol

I completely understand where their coming from, its just annoying that i can get approved for amex and chase and the "lenient" psecu wont budge.

Maybe next year

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Congrats, Psecu keeps giving me the cold shoulder.    Theyve declined me 3 times over the last year and a half for recent inquries or recently opened accounts.  Im going to wait till all my accounts and inquiries are over a year old and try again.  They could care less about my fico score, they said they dont want to see any new accounts.  Ive seen other people getting approved with a bunch new accounts, but their playing hardball with me,lol

I completely understand where their coming from, its just annoying that i can get approved for amex and chase and the "lenient" psecu wont budge.

Maybe next year

Let your accounts age and they'll approve you!! You have to look at it as how bad do you want this card?? Can you garden for a year for it??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.