Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Application Question

tag
GB44
Contributor

PSECU Application Question

Hello All,

I've read on this board that PSECU is sensitive to inquiries and new accounts. Do they consider inquiries over the last year like FICO or is it the complete 2 years? What is an okay number of inquiries? Also, do they consider new accounts to be ones that are opened in the last 6 months or is it a year?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSECU Application Question

I was approved for membership, cc, and auto loan with over 30 inquiries. Most of those were auto loan inquires over the past year, but there were at least 6 cc inquiries.

Message 2 of 6
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Hey, from the decline letter they sent me, they were only concerned with the number of "recent inquiries", as well as number of accounts opened in the last 12 months

( i had 3 new accounts in last 12 months)  However remember that psecu is known for being a very generous lender, so if your credit profile looks good, id say give it a shot!

Good luck

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Not to sidetrack, but I recently joined PSECU and only apped for the Checking/Savings. The other day I received an application for their Visa card with a return envelope... no letter or anything. I don't really know where I could see preapprovals on their banking site... I just find it odd to send a blank application form. Any one else get one of these recently?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same thing in the mail about a month after opening my account with PSECU. It's my understanding that unless there is some mention of that being a pre-screened offer with info on how to opt out, it's not a preapproval but simply an invitation to apply. Would be interesting to know if other people also got this, and pulled the trigger.

The only thing I don't really like about PSECU is that they pull hard for basically anything.

Message 5 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same thing in the mail about a month after opening my account with PSECU. It's my understanding that unless there is some mention of that being a pre-screened offer with info on how to opt out, it's not a preapproval but simply an invitation to apply. Would be interesting to know if other people also got this, and pulled the trigger.

The only thing I don't really like about PSECU is that they pull hard for basically anything.

You're right about that!  I'm sticking to my original plan with them, and that is to have access to monthly EX FICO score. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.