cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU CC- Do I apply now or wait a month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSECU CC- Do I apply now or wait a month?

Hi, I'm pretty new to credit but have some aging collections sitting on my records.  My current TU is 640 and EQ is 645.  I don't know my EX, though I've recently joined PSECU (I actually attended a qualifying school).  My EX report is most similar to my EQ report.

I have no revolving history what-so-ever.  I have JUST opened a secured PNC card ($250), but it is not yet posted to the CRA's (too new).  MyFico estimates that my scores will go to TU 650-680 and EQ 685-715 when that account is finally reporting.

My question is-  do I look better to PSECU for purposes of opening a new CC as I do currently or as I will in a month?  My scores will be better but my AAoA is going to go from bad (~2.3 years) to worse (~1.6 years), and for purposes of getting a good limit on the card is it better to show a revolving account with a very low limit (the $250) or no revolving accounts at all?

Thanks.

Edit- caught a spelling typo

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSECU CC- Do I apply now or wait a month?

Hi Quietly, and welcome to the forums!

Congrats on your PNC secured card.

You're wise to watch AAofA.  One other option to consider is to wait a few months until your AAofA climbs back over the 2 threshold (remember AAofA are always rounded down) and then app for PSECU.

Best wishes to you in your credit building!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, beamMEup.

The idea of holding off isn't too terrible, but it occurred to me that I might be better off having all of my accounts "young" at the same time during the near future while I don't have any major new financing to do.  If that makes any sense.

PS- I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but the first few times I misread your user-name as beatMEup, lol.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting might get you a better bigger CL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.