Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Combo Visa/PSL / Reporting

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

PSECU Combo Visa/PSL / Reporting

How does this work??

I inquired about this today since I took a HP last night and they was able to approve me with a total CL of $12K between the VISA and PSL.

Now if i'm understanding correctly this reports as 2 different TL's??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: PSECU Combo Visa/PSL / Reporting

It will be reported as two seperate lines at 12.k each, each balance will report seperately also (Eg, if you have a balance of 3k on your visa, it will report 3k/12.5k, and the loc wil report 0/12.5k

Really helps with utilization,  Congrats, I love my psecu card thanks to the 2.9 apr balance transfer rate and NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE!! Fantastic!

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

It will be reported as two seperate lines at 12.k each, each balance will report seperately also (Eg, if you have a balance of 3k on your visa, it will report 3k/12.5k, and the loc wil report 0/12.5k

Really helps with utilization,  Congrats, I love my psecu card thanks to the 2.9 apr balance transfer rate and NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE!! Fantastic!

Wow, so your sure i'll have 2 separate TL's? My paperwork said I was approved "for a total credit limit of $12,000 for a combined PSL and Visa LOC".

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Yep, they will both share the 12k line, but they will report as 2 seperate 12k tradelines on ur report.

If u max out the visa then ull have no available credit on ur loc either, but ur loc will still report 0/12k.

Message 4 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it reports as two separate on mine as well.

Message 6 of 12
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

2 separate TL's but take an advance right away from the PSL.  If you don't it'll report the open date as the first time you do.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@visorboy1974 wrote:

2 separate TL's but take an advance right away from the PSL.  If you don't it'll report the open date as the first time you do.  

So it will open again if you don't use it right away? It shows open now? I never actually plan to use the PSL it was really just something I did bc I heard it was a good idea haha

Message 8 of 12
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Wow visorboy is absolutely right.  I have wondered for months why my Open date on my psl changed.  When i opened it it showed jan/12, but 2 months later when i finally used it the open date changed to mar/12.  I could never figure it out until i just read visor's post.  So yeah advance like 20 or something and pay it back just to give it some activity.

Message 9 of 12
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

So it will open again if you don't use it right away? It shows open now? I never actually plan to use the PSL it was really just something I did bc I heard it was a good idea haha

If you ever do use it, the only thing that will change is the open date.  It should always report as open as long as it is.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.