Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

I wanted to share this story with everyone as I found it quite interesting.

I applied for a PSECU account for the obvious reasons detailed in other threads.  After about a month with no reply, my thought was they would not open an account for me.  All of a sudden, literally after forgetting all about it, I get a letter in the mail with my new account information.  This was nearly four months after applying to open the account.  Wow, I knew they were taking some time of late but this is crazy.

Now, I have the account, so the next obvious step was try for a credit card.  Good or bad, I have apped and received lots of cards over the last six months.  I also now received a couple of rejections for "too many inquiries".  My thought was, the app damage is done for a year or two so I might as well get in any other apps I wanted to try for now.  Anyway, I submitted the app for PSECU and waited for the rejection letter.  As expected, the letter arrived in the mail with the "too many inquiries" rejection.  The very next day, I received the "golden ticket" referred to in other threads.  My first thought was "circular file" but after reading threads on here, I decided to give it a go.  So, I dropped it in the mail.  Today I received a card with an $8000 limit.  So even though the rejection arrived the day before the "golden ticket", I still received a card.  Apparently the "golden ticket" is truly just that.  If you should get one of these in the mail, I would recommend sending it in.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

Wow!!  I soo want an account with PSECU.  I am waiting for the right opportunity to arise.  Smiley Happy  
Message 2 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum, jtsongas!

Thanks for the post, and congrats on the card!

Hope you will save me some time here...what is this "golden ticket" you're speaking of?  A follow-up mailing to new members?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They send out a "pre-qualifed" letter with a stated CL.  I got one as well after joining....though my membership didn't take anywhere near the time OP did.

Message 4 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Thanks, txjohn.

Nice to have the CL stated up front like that, before the app.

Message 5 of 11
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I just received my membership info two days ago... took almost 2 months, however, I did have to verify address, which took an extra two weeks.
Message 6 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They must be swamped. I am holding on my app right now. Did you guys get a hard or soft INQ at membership time? Depending on the answer I suppose I could go ahead and do it. I also might wait until April or May.
Message 7 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
They must be swamped. I am holding on my app right now. Did you guys get a hard or soft INQ at membership time? Depending on the answer I suppose I could go ahead and do it. I also might wait until April or May.

CWCID-  How did you manage to become a member with PSECU and not live in the area.    I am still trying without any luck.  Sorry for the TJ.

Message 8 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

CWCID-  How did you manage to become a member with PSECU and not live in the area.    I am still trying without any luck.  Sorry for the TJ.

As tight as it is I am fully qualifed for membership under their FOM.

Message 9 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

As tight as it is I am fully qualifed for membership under their FOM.

I'm SOL.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.