Reply
New Visitor
jtsongas
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

I wanted to share this story with everyone as I found it quite interesting.

 

I applied for a PSECU account for the obvious reasons detailed in other threads.  After about a month with no reply, my thought was they would not open an account for me.  All of a sudden, literally after forgetting all about it, I get a letter in the mail with my new account information.  This was nearly four months after applying to open the account.  Wow, I knew they were taking some time of late but this is crazy.

 

Now, I have the account, so the next obvious step was try for a credit card.  Good or bad, I have apped and received lots of cards over the last six months.  I also now received a couple of rejections for "too many inquiries".  My thought was, the app damage is done for a year or two so I might as well get in any other apps I wanted to try for now.  Anyway, I submitted the app for PSECU and waited for the rejection letter.  As expected, the letter arrived in the mail with the "too many inquiries" rejection.  The very next day, I received the "golden ticket" referred to in other threads.  My first thought was "circular file" but after reading threads on here, I decided to give it a go.  So, I dropped it in the mail.  Today I received a card with an $8000 limit.  So even though the rejection arrived the day before the "golden ticket", I still received a card.  Apparently the "golden ticket" is truly just that.  If you should get one of these in the mail, I would recommend sending it in.

 

Thanks,

Jason

Valued Contributor
IOBA
Posts: 2,697
Registered: ‎08-13-2009
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

Wow!!  I soo want an account with PSECU.  I am waiting for the right opportunity to arise.  :smileyhappy:  
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

Welcome to the forum, jtsongas!

 

Thanks for the post, and congrats on the card!

 

Hope you will save me some time here...what is this "golden ticket" you're speaking of?  A follow-up mailing to new members?

Senior Contributor
txjohn
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎09-12-2008
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

They send out a "pre-qualifed" letter with a stated CL.  I got one as well after joining....though my membership didn't take anywhere near the time OP did.

 

 

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

Thanks, txjohn.

 

Nice to have the CL stated up front like that, before the app.

 

 

Frequent Contributor
Lyythine
Posts: 283
Registered: ‎03-05-2009
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

I just received my membership info two days ago... took almost 2 months, however, I did have to verify address, which took an extra two weeks.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story

They must be swamped. I am holding on my app right now. Did you guys get a hard or soft INQ at membership time? Depending on the answer I suppose I could go ahead and do it. I also might wait until April or May.
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
They must be swamped. I am holding on my app right now. Did you guys get a hard or soft INQ at membership time? Depending on the answer I suppose I could go ahead and do it. I also might wait until April or May.

CWCID-  How did you manage to become a member with PSECU and not live in the area.    I am still trying without any luck.  Sorry for the TJ.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story


DI wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
They must be swamped. I am holding on my app right now. Did you guys get a hard or soft INQ at membership time? Depending on the answer I suppose I could go ahead and do it. I also might wait until April or May.

CWCID-  How did you manage to become a member with PSECU and not live in the area.    I am still trying without any luck.  Sorry for the TJ.


As tight as it is I am fully qualifed for membership under their FOM.

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: PSECU Credit Card Golden Ticket Story


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
They must be swamped. I am holding on my app right now. Did you guys get a hard or soft INQ at membership time? Depending on the answer I suppose I could go ahead and do it. I also might wait until April or May.

CWCID-  How did you manage to become a member with PSECU and not live in the area.    I am still trying without any luck.  Sorry for the TJ.


As tight as it is I am fully qualifed for membership under their FOM.


I'm SOL.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}