Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Discontinuing PSL Line of Credit Effective Next Month

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

PSECU Discontinuing PSL Line of Credit Effective Next Month

Hey folks, I just got word that PSECU is Discontinuing their Line of Credit next month on the 18th and i wanted to spread the word.  Apparently they will stop accepting applications and will also close all existing PSL lines on November 18th.

Anyone with an existing PSL or PSL/VISA combo will see their PSL shut down next month and will not be able to use it but will still be able to make regular monthly payments until it is paid off.  They also said this will not affect the Visa card so we can keep those with the same line.

Im a little dissapointed as I liked having it for emergencies and it was great having the extra 20k line on my Credit report for utilization purposes,  Oh well all good things come to an end, they said they are mailing letters out this week to all existing PSL clients.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: PSECU Discontinuing PSL Line of Credit Effective Next Month

That's very odd and raises a big red flag for me. I wonder why PSECU would do that now because according to the stock market and our elected officials, the economy is better. I wonder if there could be  bigger issue with the CU.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chaos122 wrote:

Hey folks, I just got word that PSECU is Discontinuing their Line of Credit next month on the 18th and i wanted to spread the word.  Apparently they will stop accepting applications and will also close all existing PSL lines on November 18th.

Anyone with an existing PSL or PSL/VISA combo will see their PSL shut down next month and will not be able to use it but will still be able to make regular monthly payments until it is paid off.  They also said this will not affect the Visa card so we can keep those with the same line.

Im a little dissapointed as I liked having it for emergencies and it was great having the extra 20k line on my Credit report for utilization purposes,  Oh well all good things come to an end, they said they are mailing letters out this week to all existing PSL clients.

I don't have a line of credit with PSECU so it won't affect me, however did you notice in their last newsletter that the credit card (which I have a $10K limit and 9.9% APR) is changing to a rewards card?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How will this now look on credit reports?  The reason I ask is because I'm in the middle of a refi and they'll do a supplementary credit review so I don't want this to raise any red flags.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.