Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Experiences?

tag
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

PSECU Experiences?

So I am seriously considering signing up with PSECU to take advantage of the monthly EX score and their low APR rates on some of their loan products.  I probably wont need to sign up for a loan product immediately (could be more than a year out) but I`m trying to get an idea as to how soon they will consider members for some to their loan products (ie; credit cards, LOC's and auto loans) any experiences? 

Should I open the account now rather than waiting until I actually need to apply for the desired loan product?

I understand that I will most likely take a hard on EX to open the PSECU account, does that include both checking and savings if I choose to open both?  I assume if I went with both I would only recieve one inquiry, again if anyone can confirm that would be great!

Thanks All!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: PSECU Experiences?

If this were me, I would open the account now and start building a relationship with PSECU.   

The longer you are a member with good behavior, the more they will like you.

Can you set up regular deposits?  Grow your balance?

Some financial institutions won't issue credit or treat you like a friend until you have been with them for 6 months to a year.   Some don't care.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMuppet wrote:

So I am seriously considering signing up with PSECU to take advantage of the monthly EX score and their low APR rates on some of their loan products.  I probably wont need to sign up for a loan product immediately (could be more than a year out) but I`m trying to get an idea as to how soon they will consider members for some to their loan products (ie; credit cards, LOC's and auto loans) any experiences? 

Should I open the account now rather than waiting until I actually need to apply for the desired loan product?

I understand that I will most likely take a hard on EX to open the PSECU account, does that include both checking and savings if I choose to open both?  I assume if I went with both I would only recieve one inquiry, again if anyone can confirm that would be great!

Thanks All!

Do you like in PA? If not you need to know that PSECU has really tightened up membership requirements in the last few months.Read some of the older threads concerning this to see if it's even feasible for you to apply. No reason to waste an inquiry if it's a hopeless cause.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
chesnutlane
Established Member

I did open up an account with a credit union just for that experian score. I live in Colorado and mine is called public service credit union every three months for free they give you your score for free just for having a checking account, another benefit you know exactly what the interest rate will be and if you do decide to borrow from the lender a hard pull is not required because they know your score.   All I can say is good things.

Message 4 of 5
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Yeah actually I live in York, PA 20 minutes down the road from PSECU's HQ in Harrisburg.  I did go ahead and applied for an account and was Instantly approved and recieved the PSECU welcome email within 5 minutes, and the next day recieved the membership welcome pack in the mail.  Since I`m local to them it makes sense to build a relationship and in particular take advantage of their Mortgage and Auto loan products, of course the EX score is just a bonus.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.