Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU - Membership cancelled :(

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: PSECU - Membership cancelled :(

Manager called and said no way. She claimed that their agreement with PASEO requires state residency and that I work for municipality. I asked for copy of the document they based this off and she refused to supply this to me.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 40
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Booooo!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 40
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure how much I'll do with this. I have some avenues to see if I can get reconsideration but even if I get in I can see them putting flag on account to never approve me for anything Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be interesting to see if you could get this "agreement" from PASEO... have you called and asked PASEO for the agreement or to see if they can find the residency requirement in the agreement?

Message 14 of 40
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Same boat here. App canceled and csr and manager said no way in hell. They claimed they just updated their contract and it no longer allows out of state members to gain an account. Really sucks but oh well. $75 bucks down the drain. But no wasted HP at least.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 40
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I'm going to contact PASEO when I can and see if I can get copy of agreement. I'm not familiar with banking law but it strikes me as illegal to base membership decisions on a document that isn't available to the public.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they just realized another loopwhole was exposed and they are trying to seal it before they get a flood like they had with PRPS a couple years ago.

Had the residency requirement truly been an actual issue - the application should have denied right away. At least that is how I am seeing this go down...

Message 17 of 40
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I agree, called 3 times with 3 separate reps that all said out of state resident would not be rejected due to just that fact.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 40
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they just realized another loopwhole was exposed and they are trying to seal it before they get a flood like they had with PRPS a couple years ago.

Had the residency requirement truly been an actual issue - the application should have denied right away. At least that is how I am seeing this go down...

Agree.  And thats the part that makes me want to fight.  I could make a legal mess out of this whole thing if I wanted to.  But if I win, I have a relationship with an outstate credit union who will not really want me there.  I may just focus on NFCU and say be damned with PSECU.  (I was always that kid that if you said you couldnt do it then I wanted to do it more than ever....I'll have to make up my mind what I'll do.)

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole "just updated their contract" stands out as well... As a member (which makes me a part-owner... right? lol) this whole situation sits funny with with me... something is not adding up.

On the app, the only resident required organization they explicably note is PRPS - the old loop hole. All other organizations are shown as PSECU membership is a benefit of the organization. Had residency truely been a contingent requirement, the app should have been immediately denied by the system with the denial being address is out of state. It should have never went "pending". My thought was the idea of it going "pending" was that they could verify your membership to your organization/association.

I smell fish!!!!!

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.