Did you mean: 

PSECU - Membership cancelled :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSECU - Membership cancelled :(

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they just realized another loopwhole was exposed and they are trying to seal it before they get a flood like they had with PRPS a couple years ago.

Had the residency requirement truly been an actual issue - the application should have denied right away. At least that is how I am seeing this go down...

Agree.  And thats the part that makes me want to fight.  I could make a legal mess out of this whole thing if I wanted to.  But if I win, I have a relationship with an outstate credit union who will not really want me there.  I may just focus on NFCU and say be damned with PSECU.  (I was always that kid that if you said you couldnt do it then I wanted to do it more than ever....I'll have to make up my mind what I'll do.)

Me too. Couldn't you tell, LOL!

Message 21 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

IMO, its worthless to fight it. Your going to have a relationship with a bank that pretty much knows you started a whole bunch of problems to get in. They want PA residents, and that's that unfortunately.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 40
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
IMO, its worthless to fight it. Your going to have a relationship with a bank that pretty much knows you started a whole bunch of problems to get in. They want PA residents, and that's that unfortunately.

+1.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 40
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Sad, but true.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 24 of 40
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I know.  Its the principle of the thing now.  Cat Mad

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 25 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

I would agree with LS. It's unfortunate but true.

Message 26 of 40
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Sorry Smiley Sad

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 27 of 40
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

What principle?  This whole thing started out of a discussion as to whether someone had found a loophole to get in.  It's hard to say that it's clear cut that you should be able to get in this way when everyone was skeptical from the beginning.  Did anyone call PSECU and ask whether they'd be able to get in before spending the $75 for the application fee?  It would be one thing if a rep said yes, and you went and signed up for the organization that would give you eligibility and then were also out the $75 for the application.  But to know that membership has generally been closed to out of state residents and then to comb through their website to see if you can find a loophole, not ask them about it before submitting an app, and then get indignant about being denied, what principle is at play?  This seems like a big waste of time to me.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 28 of 40
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

What principle?  This whole thing started out of a discussion as to whether someone had found a loophole to get in.  It's hard to say that it's clear cut that you should be able to get in this way when everyone was skeptical from the beginning.  Did anyone call PSECU and ask whether they'd be able to get in before spending the $75 for the application fee?  It would be one thing if a rep said yes, and you went and signed up for the organization that would give you eligibility and then were also out the $75 for the application.  But to know that membership has generally been closed to out of state residents and then to comb through their website to see if you can find a loophole, not ask them about it before submitting an app, and then get indignant about being denied, what principle is at play?  This seems like a big waste of time to me.

Yes, on 9/26 around roughly 6:00 pm central time I called PSECU and spoke with Emilie, a lovely PSECU CSR.  I told her exactly what I was doing and why and she put me on hold and confirmed with manager that me being out of state wasnt an issue.  I did this prior to spending the $75 on 6/27 around roughly 10:00 am central time.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Walt_K wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Posters had contacted PSECU CSR's and all the CSR's said if you are a member, you qualify for membership.

Now that they are in the "next level up" of CSR's after submitting the application, they are denying the app. The issue stands, that no where to be found on PSECU's website does it state you need to be a PA resident other than when joining through PRPS. There is not enough transparency on PSECU's between who is eligible and who is not.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.