cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Question (Or direction to another thread)

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

PSECU Question (Or direction to another thread)

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about PSECU.  My husband is going to apply for a checking account/savings account here (possibly a visa as he needs to re-build IF he can get approved). 1. Do they pull your credit report even for a checking account with them?  I want to go on as a joint account holder just for the EX FICO but at the same time I don't want any addtional HPs to my credit.  So that may be a deciding factor. 2. Can an AU on a visa still get their EX FICO or do you have to be a joint account holder on the card? 3. Are the current account holders pleased with the services at PSECU?

If there is a thread that addresses these questions feel free to post the link.  That will work too.  I am just trying to make the decision on which way to go.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSECU Question (Or direction to another thread)

I can answer some, but not all of your questions.  My wife recently became a member (student of a school they work with).  I will soon be adding myself as a member and applying for their CC and auto loan.They do in fact do a HP for any account, even her who just got a savings account only.  At least they said they would, we haven't checked her report to verify.  I don't know about whether or not they will let an AU use the EX FICO, but am curious to know that as well.

Also, I would like to ask if anyone knows what their credit requirements (minimum score, etc) to be approved for the CC and auto loan?  Thanks!

Message 2 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

Mine was a HP for each product, checking and visa my scores were just at 700 with a few baddies, the gave me a 5k visa at 9.9 percent
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smug wrote:
Mine was a HP for each product, checking and visa my scores were just at 700 with a few baddies, the gave me a 5k visa at 9.9 percent

Wow, I wish I could get a CL like that.  I guess I could have a score around 680-700 by the time I app if it is anything like my EQ score now.  So did you apply for earch product at separate times?  Could I call them and do them all at once off of one pull?  I would rather not get 3 pulls like that.

Message 4 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Thank you Smug and Jimbo! I actually got an addtional question answered about the requirements! I am desperately trying to just finagle my way in with minimal damage.  If I am going to take a HP then I would either not join or join on my own after he is established.  We have a tricky situation here anyway.  He is a PA resident. I am not.  His address is not currenlty in PA of course but his active duty status lets him in so he has to be the one to apply. They told me they won't allow me to do it even with POA, which blew me away!  But then again, I understand they are trying to make sure they keep non-residents, etc. out. 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

I was lucky got in under the wire as I live in Florida, Thatwas. Before they changed the policy.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 11
grussell70
Contributor

i can answer some of the questions. an authorized user can not get their ex score. they hard pull for everything. if you are and authorized user they don't pull your credit at least thats how they did me. i am very pleased with them. i have all of my auto loans with them and i have their visa 20,000.00 limit. i just refinanced my car with them down to a 2.49 interest rate. the only complaint is that they hard pull for everything. if you apply for a auto loan and credit card the same day you will be hit with two hard pulls.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about PSECU.  My husband is going to apply for a checking account/savings account here (possibly a visa as he needs to re-build IF he can get approved). 1. Do they pull your credit report even for a checking account with them? Yes, this will be a HP I want to go on as a joint account holder just for the EX FICO but at the same time I don't want any addtional HPs to my credit.  So that may be a deciding factor. 2. Can an AU on a visa still get their EX FICO or do you have to be a joint account holder on the card? Not sure on this, you may want to contact PSECU about it 3. Are the current account holders pleased with the services at PSECU? I Iove my experience so far with PSECU. I'm trying very hard to save my EX file for them in Jan. to get their 5K LOC/Credit card promo.

If there is a thread that addresses these questions feel free to post the link.  That will work too.  I am just trying to make the decision on which way to go.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I was lucky got in under the wire as I live in Florida, Thatwas. Before they changed the policy.

Same here, very fortunate!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about PSECU.  My husband is going to apply for a checking account/savings account here (possibly a visa as he needs to re-build IF he can get approved). 1. Do they pull your credit report even for a checking account with them?  I want to go on as a joint account holder just for the EX FICO but at the same time I don't want any addtional HPs to my credit.  So that may be a deciding factor. 2. Can an AU on a visa still get their EX FICO or do you have to be a joint account holder on the card? 3. Are the current account holders pleased with the services at PSECU?

It depends.  Joining with a share and checking was a soft for me, no HP.  I am however in their 'target' area which is the Harrisburg, PA area.  It's my understanding that you must be a PA resident to join, however for out of state members who you refer *after* you have joined, there is no requirement for them to be a PA Resident according to PSECU.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.