Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Question for txjohn!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: PSECU Question for txjohn!

@wajj wrote:
Add to that the fact that none of the associations seem to allow members to join -- only employees.  I did see one thread somewhere about joining the Pennsylvania Psychological Association or some such for $99 and you would get membership but, since I attended Indiana University of PA for one summer, I qualifed without resorting to that so I don't know how sucessful that approach would be.

I'm going to figure out a way to become a member  without paying a large joining fee. 

Message 31 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@wajj wrote:
Add to that the fact that none of the associations seem to allow members to join -- only employees.  I did see one thread somewhere about joining the Pennsylvania Psychological Association or some such for $99 and you would get membership but, since I attended Indiana University of PA for one summer, I qualifed without resorting to that so I don't know how sucessful that approach would be.

I don't think this will work. It's not that easy to become a member of PPA in a category that would count for anything. It is a professional psychologists organization.
Message 32 of 40
IOBA
Senior Contributor

When I spoke to customer service over the phone, they told me I had to send in college transcripts as proof I had attended school there.  (The lady did ask someone else and then relayed what she had been told to me.)

Has anyone else been told they needed to provide similar documentation? 

As much as I want to join, I wasn't willing to pay for college transcripts.  Smiley Happy  Another opportunity will open up that will allow me membership. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 40
wajj
Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

When I spoke to customer service over the phone, they told me I had to send in college transcripts as proof I had attended school there.  (The lady did ask someone else and then relayed what she had been told to me.)

As much as I want to join, I wasn't willing to pay for college transcripts.  Smiley Happy  Another opportunity will open up that will allow me membership. Smiley Happy

I just told them I attended and that was it.  I don't know if they took my word for it or verified it somehow but I didn't have to provide any documentation at all.  This was back in early September so maybe things have changed.

Message Edited by wajj on 11-17-2009 08:06 AM
Message 34 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@wajj wrote:

@IOBA wrote:

I just told them I attended and that was it.  I don't know if they took my word for it or verified it somehow but I didn't have to provide any documentation at all.  This was back in early September so maybe things have changed.

It's not quite that easy. There is a website available to them that can be easily checked to verify your attendance/graduation. Most colleges and universities participate by contributing information. Just because you weren't ask to provide direct proof does not mean they are not checking.

Message 35 of 40
DI
Super Contributor

Can one become a member through members of this board who has joined?
Message 36 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

Yes, if they are also a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of yours!
Message 37 of 40
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@DI wrote:

Yes, if they are also a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of yours!

That's not going to work.  I'll just wait until I get to Miami to join University CU. 

Message 38 of 40
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Txtjon, do you have to know a member to become a member or is there a way around that?
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 39 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Believe1970 wrote:
Txtjon, do you have to know a member to become a member or is there a way around that?

You have to be a qualified within the FOM (Field of Membership) and it is not an open FOM. Knowing a member is not sufficient. You have to be related to one in one of the ways I indicated above or meet one of the other criteria. Go to their website and start an app (you don't have to finish it) and you will find the qualifiers.
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.