cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU: Required to be a Pennsylvania Resident?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSECU: Required to be a Pennsylvania Resident?

Does anyone here have a sense of how far retroactively PSECU is going to take the residency requirement for the Parks' members? Are the on-line applicants who submitted before the new policy went into effect safe? Or only those whose signed apps were received, processed, approved? So far it looks clear as mud. Need input. 

Message 31 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone here have a sense of how far retroactively PSECU is going to take the residency requirement for the Parks' members? Are the on-line applicants who submitted before the new policy went into effect safe? Or only those whose signed apps were received, processed, approved? So far it looks clear as mud. Need input. 

Quite frankly, I think anyone can get into PSECU for $6.00.  Those $6.00 add up and it accumulates a lot of interest and money to be loaned to members. 

Message 32 of 42
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I don't think the $20-$40 asked of one to donate to a good cause in order to satisfy membership eligibility is too much to ask for if one is going to use a service they will be providing. They are there to help members out, and one should help the CU out as well by following their rules and being a good member.
Message 33 of 42
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously. I've looked through PSECU posts and can't find the answer - probably because there are SO many posts! Smiley Happy

I have my app signed and ready to go. And it seems some people are recommending sending/faxing copy of DL, SS and util bill w/app. What I'm wondering is if you wait to get the email BEFORE you send in your app, etc., or if you send in your app and THEN get their email.

Also, is one util bill enough, or do they require two? (I'm just trying to get everything they need to them asap to prevent delays and possible problem as I'm not a PA resident.)

Thank you! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 34 of 42
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I don't think PSECU would damage their name by accepting someone that has satisfied their requirement and then renege on their commitment. At least I hope not, as they seem to have a good name and probably wouldn't want the negative backlash. I think if they have changed their stance, it would be from that point on.
Message 35 of 42
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Bichonmom, I will tell you from my experience...

I applied over a weekend and called on a Monday or Tuesday, just to verify they had received my app and make sure all was well. The rep told me all looked good, but she also saw a note saying I'd be mailed a letter asking for those other items. I then faxed that info in. I did not wait for the letter. Their application response time will vary due to amount of apps that need to be processed, so you can't rush that, but you can get them the stuff they will ask for that way it's ready for when they need it. Good luck!
Message 36 of 42
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I would agree that I do not think they will go back to those with active and approved accounts up to at least yesterday.  I think they are tightening up lending and membership requirements.

I had a question on my account yesterday afternoon, called and spoke directly with a rep.  She reviewed my current accounts and contact information. Also asked me if I was interested in any additional products or services. (I'm out of state)

Needless to say, everytime I have spoken with someone from PSECU they are friendly, courteous and seem to appreciate the business from their members..so much better than some of the "big" banks.

Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going through the app process now...and for the special interest group section of the eligibility for The arts association of harrisburg.  It only offers:

• Employee of The Art Association of Harrisburg
  • I am related to someone employed by the Art Assocaition of Harrisburg

anyone know how we join if we are a association member of The Art assocation of Harrisburg?

Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
Bichonmom, I will tell you from my experience...

I applied over a weekend and called on a Monday or Tuesday, just to verify they had received my app and make sure all was well. The rep told me all looked good, but she also saw a note saying I'd be mailed a letter asking for those other items. I then faxed that info in. I did not wait for the letter. Their application response time will vary due to amount of apps that need to be processed, so you can't rush that, but you can get them the stuff they will ask for that way it's ready for when they need it. Good luck!

I imagine a number of people are in your shoes. Applied and provided all needed info before the policy change, but did not get accepted yet. If memory serves, NFCU let the outstanding applicants in after they plugged the hole. I remain curious as to how PSECU will proceed after plugging their successive holes.

Message 39 of 42
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

pNa, That's why I went ahead an put my app in online last night... in the hopes that I will have gotten in before their cut-off, if they have indeed changed their policy. I had been planning on waiting until the erroneous collection comes off my EX report, which should be sometime this month according to the CA. After reading the posts, I decided it wasn't worth risking the wait. As much as I'd love to get a PSECU Visa, I am in it for the EX Fico at this point. Someone could really make a boatload of money if they could resell EX Ficos! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.