cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU: Required to be a Pennsylvania Resident?

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

PSECU: Required to be a Pennsylvania Resident?

The PSECU app states that Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society members are required to be Pennsylvania residents. Has anyone been denied membership whose an out of town resident?

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: PSECU: Required to be a Pennsylvania Resident?

I don't recall seeing that on the app. I will try and look again.
Message 2 of 42
Amnesia87
Contributor

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

The PSECU app states that Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society members are required to be Pennsylvania residents. Has anyone been denied membership whose an out of town resident?

Do you by chance have a screenshot? I don't recall seeing that. I know I just joined recently without issue, and there are tons of people here who have also joined.

It's not as if they didn't realize what state I was in when they sent me my Welcome Packet...

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 42
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society (PRPS)
I am an employee or member of Pennsylvania Recreation & Parks Society Incorporated. Please note: A PRPS member who wishes to join PSECU must be a permanent Pennsylvania resident.

Learn more about PRPS

prps logoThe Pennsylvania Recreation & Park Society (PRPS) promotes quality recreation and park opportunities for all Pennsylvanians through education, training, technical assistance, public awareness, advocacy and other support to recreation and park providers.  Members enjoy links to local recreation opportunities and trails, discounts on amusement park and ski lift tickets, tips on youth sport coaching, and more. 

Not Sure

The above is a screenshot of the application.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 4 of 42
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

That says a Pennsylvania Recreation & Parks Society Incorporated member must be a fulltime Pennsylvania resident to join. I'd say if you're not a PRPS member, then you have nothing to worry about.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

It seems they have recently added that requirement.  I wonder what prompted that. 

Message 6 of 42
CS800
Super Contributor

I joined as a friend of the park 4 days ago without any problem. Sent in my application to PSECU with no problem at all. Wonder how new is this requirement.

Message 7 of 42
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

They may have been overwhelmed by too many out of state applicants.

On a side note, the $20 for PRPS is a good cause, parks need the money.
Message 8 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

When I went directly to prps.org to pay my $20 there were no mention of an in-state requirement. 

Message 9 of 42
CS800
Super Contributor

Spoke to the person handling my application today and she didnt mention anything. She just asked for a copy of my ss card, DL and Park member receipt.

They must have enacted this rule today or something.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.