Contributor
tmoney

PSECU UPDATE

Joined PSECU about 3 weeks ago to take advantage of EX fico. Only applied for

savings account.One of forms members comment was correct,you need a checiking account

or have one of their credit products to qualify. I wasn't sure if they would do another hard

pull for the checking account and really didn't need another CC so I applied for personal loan

not wanting to waste a INQ.  Applied for 10,000 personal loan   no instant approval but

logged on to account few hours later and was approved. Also said I was approved for 7,000

dollar visa with same inquiry (gladly accepted )   got two approvals with 1 inq hit  

Great CU  very generous  TL's are on CR allready haven't even received  card yet 

Senior Contributor
txjohn

Re: PSECU UPDATE

Ask them to combine the PSL and Visa....then you will have a $17,000 Visa.  The TL's will each report as $17,000 on CR, so any balances will be offset by higher "limits."

You can also access the credit limit of the PSL from the Visa, but get the Visa rate (lower) than the PSL.

The combined account is called PSL/Visa

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Regular Contributor
krisosa

TXJOHN,

Hi-I wanted to ask you.....I have been approved for PSECU with a 10k Visa, 10k PSL

Will this report as 20k each line?

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Frequent Contributor
Lexa

Is there any other way to join if I live in Colorado, not employed by participating organization and do not have family member there?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}