cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Visa/PLOC with a short AAoA? i.e less than 6 months.

tag
LS1
New Contributor

PSECU Visa/PLOC with a short AAoA? i.e less than 6 months.

Edited title and added cliff notes for the book below Smiley Wink

Has anyone on here with a short amount of credit history been successful with an approval fro the PSECU Visa?  My current open lines of credit are only 4, 3 and another is just a week.  When PSECU pulls my credit, they will see just the two lines of credit with 0% current utilization.  I'm hoping to be able  to add a a line from PSECU to my credit file before putting my application's on hiatus for a year or so.

Thanks for any feedback!

Hello all!

I have been a lurker on the forums for quite a while now as you may be able to tell from my sign up date lol.  Trying to build a strategy to allow for a home purchase some time in 2011 Smiley Very Happy.  I started off with scores in the mid-500's at the beginning of the year and as of 2 days ago, my TU FICO is 679 and Equifax is 674.

I had a couple of question's for those that have joined PSECU to see if anyone has a similar credit profile as mine and applied for the Visa/PLOC.   I hope this post belongs in this thread as it pertains to the PSECU Visa craze that's been going on lately.  I'm going to give a description of my current situation to hopefully give enough info for someone to help.

My Profile:

Currently have 2 active credit cards reporting to the CRA's, I have a third that I received in the mail from Capital One ($500CL) a couple of days ago which has not reported to the agencies yet.  My first credit card, through Orchard Bank, was opened in August of 2010 with a $320 CL.  My second card, Capital One, was opened in September has a $300.  Both accounts have been paid on time, I actually just charged them up when I first acquired them to see some activity on the accounts and then paid a small amount toward the balances until last month when I paid them both off in full.  They have both reported to the CRA's as 0 balances as of this month.

I have two baddies on TU and EX, one baddie showing on EQ.  The one showing on all three reports is a CO from First Premier at the start of 2006.  They are showing on my reports as collection/charge off after going to the CA (Arrow Financial).  All three reports showing a balance of $0 currently.  The condition is listed as follows; TU: Closed (paid) EX: Derogatory EQ: Derogatory.  The CA, Arrow Financial, sent me a letter last month stating that they would delete themselves from all three reports and it has been done.

The other baddie is a repossession of a vehicle also in early 2006 (that was a really really tough time for me Smiley Sad) and it is reporting to just TU and EX.  Equifax removed the account from their report earlier this year.  Both TU and EX show a balance currently of $0.  The condition listed  for both is Closed (paid).  The pay status for TU is collection/charge off while EX says repossession.  The CA for this account (I forget the name of it) deleted themselves from my reports earlier this year after sending just one DV letter.

I have one additional account on my reports which is a car loan that was paid as agreed when the loan was paid off Feb of 2004 with 0 late payments during the life of the loan.

So currently my reports show $0 balances owed as the CO's are not reporting a balance resulting in my CU being 0% at this time.  My current lines of credit are only about 4 months old and have been flawless BUT my TL would only show $620 when they pull my report as the new $500 will not report for a few weeks I'm sure.

Is there anyone else out there that has a profile similar to mine that has been successful with obtaining a VISA w/ PLOC through PSECU?  I'm doing what I can to build up my credit file as best possible before I attempt to get a home loan next year.  After seeing reports of people with recent CO's and outstanding balances owed being approved, it's sort of given me hope that I could be approved.  I've read that the big things PSECU looks for is low CU % and no recent BK's.   I know the decision is in the hands of PSECU but it never hurts to daydream Smiley Very Happy. I mailed in my application this morning so it will probably be a while before I receive any info from them to allow to me to sign in and apply.

Thanks for your time!

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

will probably get more f/b if you start a new thread.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 11
LS1
New Contributor

I was sort of thinking of that, could one of the mod's please move my post to a new thread so I'm not double posting?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How can I get a Visa with PLOC through PSECU?

And with a wave of my magic wand, you now have your own thread.  I edited the subject line to try to summarize your question, but if it's unsatisfactory, then feel free to change it.

Message 4 of 11
Achase
Regular Contributor

holy jeepers thats a long post...lol

just wanted to chime in and say that

but good luck

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Message 5 of 11
Achase
Regular Contributor

@Lel wrote:

And with a wave of my magic wand, you now have your own thread.  I edited the subject line to try to summarize your question, but if it's unsatisfactory, then feel free to change it.

how can i get one of those magic wands....Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Message 6 of 11
LS1
New Contributor

Sorry for the wordy message! Just trying to be to descriptive, hoping someone is in the same boat as I am.

Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't get discouraged if you don't get a reply right away. The problem is that only very recently has it been easy for many people to join PSECU, so we don't yet have a lot of members who've gotten credit products, especially something specialized like what you're interested in.

You might have to be our guinea pig! Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
LS1
New Contributor

I'm all about testing the waters... At least for the next week or so! Hopefully I get my welcome packet within the week so that I can call PSECU to see what they can do. I've applied to AMEX and Capital One in the past week. After attempting this approval, I'm going to lay low on apps for a while. I was denied for Zync, I was hoping for luck with it given other members approvals.

Message 9 of 11
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Hi I am a credit builder, started clean-up in 2007. I went from low 400's to no score because I cleaned up my reports. 2009 I was able to purchase a home. Started to build up a score slowly, app'd here and there, started with low limits but all are over $2K now except Orchard @$520. I joined PSECU back in August with $50. In Sept I rushed into applying for CC and was denied. PSECU is in my area I thought for sure I would be approved. On 12/15/10 I app'd again, all my accounts are over 6 months except for 2 that are a year, 6% util, all new accts, 1 inq at time of appying. Got message yesterday they needed paystub so today faxed it in and checked status around lunch time and there it was approved for $20K. I was stunned. It is possible to get approved with them if your credit is clean and make good money. I'm sure that is probably why they wanted to see a paystub from me. EQ-FICO 702 TU-FICO 752 EX-PSECU FICO 640. EQ has my AAoA at 7 mos. TU is a year and some months. I also appd for Discover More & was approved. Good Luck.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.