Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Visa/PSL APPROVED!!!

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

PSECU Visa/PSL APPROVED!!!

OMG, I received my Welcome Packet in the mail this afternoon and went straight to the computer to apply.  I wasn't going to apply just yet but i'd notice that my NFCU NavChek LOC reported to EQ yesterday but not yet on EX so I decided to apply because I know my EX score had to be at or above 700.  I applied for the max of 20K and was approved!!!  I just finished faxing the Activation Notice over to them and I am now on cloud-nine.  What a way to start the Weekend! This is not Christmas money, not casual credit spending.  I will be BT'ing 2 accounts and then credit gardening.  All I want now is a Discover, AmEX and PenFed CC's but I won't apply to either of them until all the inquires fall off my reports and my uti falls below 20%. 

Thanks everyone for all the valuable information. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: PSECU Visa/PSL APPROVED!!!

Congrats on the approval

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 9
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:

OMG, I received my Welcome Packet in the mail this afternoon and went straight to the computer to apply.  I wasn't going to apply just yet but i'd notice that my NFCU NavChek LOC reported to EQ yesterday but not yet on EX so I decided to apply because I know my EX score had to be at or above 700.  I applied for the max of 20K and was approved!!!  I just finished faxing the Activation Notice over to them and I am now on cloud-nine.  What a way to start the Weekend! This is not Christmas money, not casual credit spending.  I will be BT'ing 2 accounts and then credit gardening.  All I want now is a Discover, AmEX and PenFed CC's but I won't apply to either of them until all the inquires fall off my reports and my uti falls below 20%. 

Thanks everyone for all the valuable information. 

Congrats Kiwill!! Smiley Very Happy

We just did the exact same thing...joined PSECU for access to the EX FICO, of course...but, then after seeing all they had to offer (including the 3.9% balance transfer rate with no transfer fee!) we applied for and got approved for the PSL/Visa with $20,000 shared cl. It's very exciting!

We were looking for a way to consolidate all of DH's revolving balances since EQ FICO doesn't seem to like him having so many accounts carrying a balance. And, with this super low rate, our monthly payments are basically going to be cut in half. It's so awesome!

Oh, and just in case you didn't know, you can use the BT for more than just other revolving credit. After doing 3 BTs online for CCs...I called PSECU to ask if we could do a BT on an installment loan. DH has a signature loan we got back in March at some ridiculously high rate (like 36%!) that wasn't going to be paid off until 2012. The CSR told me that we can basically use it for any 3rd party debt. We just couldn't use it to write a check to pay them (if we had another PSECU loan) or to pay ourselves.

Again, congrats! I'm very happy for you! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 3 of 9
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

I am interested in joining PSECU. But dont work for the school or live in that state. I was wondering what other ways I can join?

Thank You

Message 4 of 9
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Wow 20k... Congrats!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP!

@ewingerter wrote:

I am interested in joining PSECU. But dont work for the school or live in that state. I was wondering what other ways I can join?

Thank You

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Yes-you-too-can-join-PSECU-and-find-out-your-EX-FICO-sc...

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 9
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Can anyone give me some insite on CC approvals? Are they tough does this CU have anything that would not allow you getting approved? Thanks for the info.

Message 7 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:

Can anyone give me some insite on CC approvals? Are they tough does this CU have anything that would not allow you getting approved? Thanks for the info.

Slightly more lenient than Navy IME.

Some posts have indicated u/w wants at least 5 years out from bk for consideration, generally has been known to overlook moderate amounts (of even somewhat recent) neg info., though anything neg and unpaid could ofcourse be problematic.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the congrats!  I'm still shocked and very satisfied thus far with PSECU.  Shortly after I faxed the activation form over, I received an email saying they've received my fax and will process my paperwork.  Amazing is all I can say. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.