Established Contributor

Re: PSECU Visa Requirements

Went from $2k-12.5k-$20k! PSECU ROCKS!

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!!

Congrats! Did you just apply for the increase today?

I am so excited about this....first card with a good cl.....YAY.....

Message 12 of 25
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Yep. Right after you said you did, I could not help it! I am excited too. They are

a very good CU. I have my autos through them as well.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied and was approved Smiley Very Happy

They asked what amount I would like, which was the max of $20k, put me on hold and came back with an instant approval.  I believe it is the combo of $10k each

Tricky subject here so I want to see if I can help clarify... the max is combo of $20k each... for a grand total of..... wait for it... $20k

Kinda weird, but that is what makes PSECU attractive for util.  You get a $20k credit card, and a $20k line of credit.  In reality, you have a TOTAL of $20k and you can use it on whichever combination of LOC or credit card usage you want, but you can't extend yourself past $20k between the two.  However, when PSECU reports, they show your balance on the credit card with a limit of $20k, AND your LOC balance with a limit of $20k.  $40k total reported, $20k accessible to you, with up to $20k between the two, however you want to use them (though using the LOC doesn't seem to offer any benefits over the lower APR credit card).

Good luck, and congrats!  And I probably just muddied the waters instead of clarified... :-)

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you didn't muddle it....I did understand it was a total of $20k between the two, but I thought it was divied up to $10k each.  Thank you for claifying that, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....the reporting is so much more important to me.

Congrats to everyone that has recently been approved.  I am looking to have a long and healthy relationship with PSECU.

Message 15 of 25
MrCredit
Established Contributor

That will be good reporting... Good for FICO score. I love the way they do it, its awesome!!

They must love me. Instant approval... I always wondered how their systems figure this stuff 

out like what kind of algorithm they use.

Message 16 of 25
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

PSECU grants very generous credit lines to people with pretty good credit.  from personal experience ive noticed that they really hate when people have too many recently open accounts and or too many recent inquiries.  If you have no baddies, and not too many recent inquiries then i'd give it a shot.

When i applied they gave me the smackdown because i had 4 new accounts within the last year and about to 10 inquiries (5 from when i had recently purchased a vehicle)

How many recent inquiries do you have?

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 25
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I have three. Two of which are from them.

Message 18 of 25
Amnesia87
Contributor

darn this thread... I really want to wait until I see my EX Fico before I app... but this just makes it hard.

I'm also debating if I should app 10k or 20k...

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 25
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Well with the scores on your two other bureaus, seems good. Check your DTI and ratios. Make sure no crazy

amount of new accounts or inq and your good. They are easy to work with in my experience. If you are good to them

they are good to you.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.