Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Visa came in today!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PSECU Visa came in today!

@LS2982 wrote:
Sweet!!! You think Barclays would do AA for a BT? (Not that I really care but I'd like to stay AA free)

Then why to you continue to open up accounts? Smiley Wink.  Trying to predict Barclay's AA practices might well involve a Oujia board for any hope of accuracy, frankly if it makes financial sense to do the BT, do it, if not, don't.

        
Message 11 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

It would make financial sense 2.9 compared to 22.9..no brainer!! But I've never done a BT before and just a little skiddish. I wasn't looking for the PSECU account they pre approved me while refi'ing my vehicles. Can't say no to that offer, and no HP for it either!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 24
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

They have the best balance transfer service ive seen, no bt fee and an apr of 2.9 till the end of 2013 (then 9.9)   Also when you request the balance transfer, the check is sent out the next business day. 

I dont know why Barclays will be upset if you paid them in fullt ( I never had any problems with them myself)

but they wont even know its a balance transfer, the check that is sent out looks like a regular bill pay check your bank would sent out.

Good luck to you

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Sweet!!! You think Barclays would do AA for a BT? (Not that I really care but I'd like to stay AA free)

I was wondering the same thing about Barclays. I was goinf to BT my Apple Visa to my new BOA Card since it comes with a 12 months 0% APR.

Message 14 of 24
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
It would make financial sense 2.9 compared to 22.9..no brainer!! But I've never done a BT before and just a little skiddish. I wasn't looking for the PSECU account they pre approved me while refi'ing my vehicles. Can't say no to that offer, and no HP for it either!

I told you to look in to this in a different thread. I doubt Barclays would have an issue... You are making the right financial move. Letting your "money" dictate the action you take. I thought PSECU still had the 2.9% deal going. Another poster verified they in fact do.

I did a BT from another card to them and it was painless. They issue and mail a check to the lendor (Barclays), and in my case, it took about 10 days for the transaction to complete. Very easy indeed.

I would be all over this LS, and "if" Barclays had an issue, who really cares? You have a small line with them and their APR is way too high. Since you are in solid now with PSECU, I think I would SD the Barclay card.

For what it is worth, I closed mine. When I called to close, I spoke with a very nice person. He asked why I was closing and I told him the truth. low limit ($3k) and the APR was way too high. I asked him if he could raise my limit and lower my APR with a SP. He said no, so I say see ya...

Do this transaction man, and start saving that interest money!!!

Okay, off soap box now...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 15 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I told you to look in to this in a different thread. I doubt Barclays would have an issue... You are making the right financial move. Letting your "money" dictate the action you take. I thought PSECU still had the 2.9% deal going. Another poster verified they in fact do.

I did a BT from another card to them and it was painless. They issue and mail a check to the lendor (Barclays), and in my case, it took about 10 days for the transaction to complete. Very easy indeed.

I would be all over this LS, and "if" Barclays had an issue, who really cares? You have a small line with them and their APR is way too high. Since you are in solid now with PSECU, I think I would SD the Barclay card.

For what it is worth, I closed mine. When I called to close, I spoke with a very nice person. He asked why I was closing and I told him the truth. low limit ($3k) and the APR was way too high. I asked him if he could raise my limit and lower my APR with a SP. He said no, so I say see ya...

As soon as I get my new card in the mail since it was hacked Smiley MadI'm going to do this BT.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 24
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

As soon as I get my new card in the mail since it was hacked Smiley MadI'm going to do this BT.

Perfect - think of all the interest money you will now save...  $$$$ = worth it for sure!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the PSECU Visa and just faxed back the signed loan form today. How long does it take to get the card in the mail? 5 to 10 business days?

Message 18 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for the PSECU Visa and just faxed back the signed loan form today. How long does it take to get the card in the mail? 5 to 10 business days?

About 5-7 business days. What kind of CL did you get?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:
Anyone have experience with doing BT's with this card? I'd like to zero out my Barclays to avoid high interest.

I have been balance transfering everything there for the 2.9 right now. its great

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.