Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU --- now what?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: PSECU --- now what?

I need to give PSECU a call. I'm a member of an organization that exists in both pennsylvania and florida, but under the eligibility thing it says "My organization offers PSECU membership," which the one down here in FL obviously doesn't. 

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the combo Visa/PSL when I logged in and looked at products, max CL is $20k! I figure I should let my BCE report for a little while before applying, but good to know it is still available! If max is $20k,  when the time comes what should I ask for, the whole $20k? Income is about 75~80k per year...

Message 22 of 32
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I found the combo Visa/PSL when I logged in and looked at products, max CL is $20k! I figure I should let my BCE report for a little while before applying, but good to know it is still available! If max is $20k,  when the time comes what should I ask for, the whole $20k? Income is about 75~80k per year...

Going by your signature that would be quite a jump in CL.  Existing CLs is the single biggest determining factor in my opinion for determining new CLs, even more than income.  PSECU is generous but I am not sure if they are that generous.  If you are going to apply go ahead and go for 20k.  They counter.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crashem,

Should I wait until the BCE reports the tradeline, or just do it anyway (only card reporting currently is my Zync)?

Message 24 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Crashem,

Should I wait until the BCE reports the tradeline, or just do it anyway (only card reporting currently is my Zync)?

I would wait at least 6 months then go for it, how many INQ's do you have on your EX file?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

I would wait at least 6 months then go for it, how many INQ's do you have on your EX file?

5 total, 1 amex from 2010, 1 verizon from 2011, and 3 from this month (2 from amex, 1 from chase)

Message 26 of 32
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

5 total, 1 amex from 2010, 1 verizon from 2011, and 3 from this month (2 from amex, 1 from chase)

oh I didn't realize all your cards are new.  That is problem withcredit score.  You are basically thin file.  Hate to say it, go ahead and join but I wouldn't app for 6 months of reporting.  Plus you can get the 61 day Amex cli by then.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 27 of 32
rtw
Established Contributor

I agree with Crashem. Wait a bit. When I applied (July 2012) I had only one inquiry on EX which was from March 2011. My highest CL at that time was 5K and I had 12 years for my oldest account on EX. When you do apply go for the full 20K. I made the mistake of only asking for 15K not realizing that they would counter. GL!!!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest accounts are 7 years old (3 student loans) and I have about 9 other student loan account that range anywhere from 6-3 years old. My Zync I got in 2010, but the two revolvers (Freedom and BCE) I just got this month. I'm not in a big rush to do anything. I have the membership locked in so for now I will just let the revolvers age and get the CLI on the BCE in 3 months. Thanks for the advice all!

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A_Madel, do you have any immediate family members in PA? That is an easy way in. Once I was approved, I was told any immediate family members could now join that I was a member. I got in through the PA Parks and Recreation donation which I donate yearly to anyway.

Nope, unfortunately I don't. Howevee, I may have eligibilty through an employer association. I was actually almost throught the membership application and backed away from the edge.... Lol Smiley Happy I may keep them insight for next year. Gotta let my newbies age and build some distance from my recent inqs. I saw the PA parks & recreation membership, that was a good backdoor. But, they have it under lock and key now - you must also be a state resident. 

madel, someone else will need to confirm.  Is there a hard inquiry just to join?  If so, I would take inquiry now so it can age with rest.  Otherwise your plan seems sound.

Just to bring this back, now that I am officially a PSECU member, all forms in and I am getting CC offers already in the mail... there was no hard inquiry for my app which is awesome because it is one less inquiry I need to worry about!

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.