Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU?

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

PSECU?

I made the mistake is misreading the last thread on PSECU (the really long one) and applied for membership back on 8/3.  I'm not a PA resident.  Today, though,  I received checks in the mail from them.  Is this a positive sign or mistake on their part?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: PSECU?

Don't rock the boat and see what happens. Can you sign on?
Message 2 of 23
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

They send the checks before your app hits a human who will approve/deny you.  I wouldn't read too much into it.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't rock the boat indeed.  Let us know what happens, maybe they know people want to get an EX from them and they don't care where you are a resident.

Message 4 of 23
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Are you sure checks are sent before a human views? They've put an account number on the checks already, seems like it'd be a waste of an account number if that's the case.
Message 5 of 23
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Are you sure checks are sent before a human views? They've put an account number on the checks already, seems like it'd be a waste of an account number if that's the case.

Yep, I had my checks 2 weeks before they sent my welcome packet.  

Message 6 of 23
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Did you get into PSECU?
Message 7 of 23
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Did you get into PSECU?

Yes, but that's before they tightened the requirements.  

Message 8 of 23
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I think if you got checks and were assigned an account number, you may have slipped through the cracks, and it's a good sign. Think positive. If you did get in, let the accout age a bit before applying for anything. Did you join any organizations that offer membership? They will verify that.
Message 9 of 23
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I can't sign on. They took the initial fee out of my checking account and sent me a form to sign and return, which I did. Then yesterday I received checks. I'm not even sure that they received the form I sent. I just mailed it on Wednesday.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.