Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace of opening new Chase Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pace of opening new Chase Cards

A little background.. I opened a CSR on 1/10 and an Ink Preferred on 1/25. Before that, my last new card account was in June of 2014.

I am eying the United MPE and the Marriott (both have been on the radar for a while, want to take advantage of the current increased offers). My question is, will I run into any trouble applying for both in the next month or so? I know I'm outside of the 2/30 "rule", but 4 cards with one issuer in 3 months seems like a lot (at least to me). My credit history is good, scores in low-mid 700s. No real balance on any of my open Chase accounts (CSR, Ink Pref, Southwest and IHG- latter 2 have been open for 3 years, will close IHG before I apply for anything else with Chase).

Any similar experience/advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Pace of opening new Chase Cards

Given that one of the recently opened cards is a Buisness card I'd give it a go, your CR seems in tact, utilization is good.
Message 2 of 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Pace of opening new Chase Cards

I'd give it at least 90 days after your last app, 3 billing cycles. Instead ​of spreading the next two out. App for both the same day and save yourself a HP. It's been done many times by members here.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.