cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid 1st Zync statement before please pay date ;)

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid 1st Zync statement before please pay date ;)

@webhopper wrote:

@RAZIUG wrote:

You came out from the shadows to post this as your first post?  A couple points real quick:

1. Some of the people that are here, myself included, are here because of rebuilding.  In the past they may have failed to pay debts on time.  Posts like this one reinforce positive and responsible repayment of debt in a timely manner.  (This was my biggest weakness in my CRs and posting here serves as a reminder of how I can't ignore my responsibilities like I did in the past.)

2. If you had lurked through my older posts you would had realized that it was a personal milestone for me to get back in with AMEX.  For a long litany of reasons, payments to AMEX signify that I'm on the right steps in my rebuild and doors that once were closed to me are now open due to the positive steps I have taken and continue to take. 

3. My post shows a change in attitude for me in which I am no longer worried about when my next bill is due but celebrate it.  Its another opportunity for an on-time payment and reflects the new financial responsiblity that I'm aserting in my life.

4. Lastly, lets weigh my contributions to MyFICO vs. yours.  You have lurked in the shadows and have not contributed a single point of useful, helpful or insightful information to these message boards.  You have not supported a single member in their individual goals.  Compare this to my contributions: In 5 months I have posted almost 1400 topics and responses and have sent hundreds of PM's to members and responded to numerous requests for information.  I have given advice, celebrated the successes of others and tried to help them out of difficult situations.  So if you want to compare who is useless and pointless I will take my odds against you every day of the week!

1.  Alot of people are here for that reason, including myself.

2. Congrats!  You are back with AMEX.  I'm sure we all knew you would use your card and pay the statement balance.  We do not need to know the first purchase you put on the card, when you have paid your statement, etc. 

3.  Again, congrats!  But you do no neet to fill the forum with your 'Happy Thoughts".  Keep that on Facebook.

4.  Never said you contributed nothing to myFICO or its memebers.  I am sure you have done much more than a number of people here, including myself.  But these forums are getting cluttered with junk threads, such as this one. 

Good day!

I take offense with item #3.   My friends, family, coworkers to not need to know my financial life, and the fact that I celebrate each and every payment I make on time, and each and every point gained....  That's why this anonymous forum is the greatest place ever... because you can post a milestone that may seem trivial to others, but for you and for people who've been in your shoes, its a very BIG deal.

I realize that for someone who takes the act of paying things on time for granted, that this post may seem like useless drivel.  For those of us who have raised ourselves out of scores that were less than 400...  the fact that you can even worry about an Amex payment is a HUGE step.

to the OP:   Congrats Duncanrr on making your first Amex payment in 20 years Smiley Happy

+1  I totally agree! 

I really don't see the big deal.  If I see a post that I'm not interested in, I keep it movin' or should I say scrollin'! lol! No need to respond to a post and be mean to people because they are sharing something you may not be interested in.  Congrats to the OP! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26
diabla
Regular Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@RAZIUG wrote:

Is this facebook?  I thought I was on myFICO.

First post, long time lurker.  I swear some of these threads people treat it like a facebook page with pointless updates.

You came out from the shadows to post this as your first post?  A couple points real quick:

1. Some of the people that are here, myself included, are here because of rebuilding.  In the past they may have failed to pay debts on time.  Posts like this one reinforce positive and responsible repayment of debt in a timely manner.  (This was my biggest weakness in my CRs and posting here serves as a reminder of how I can't ignore my responsibilities like I did in the past.)

2. If you had lurked through my older posts you would had realized that it was a personal milestone for me to get back in with AMEX.  For a long litany of reasons, payments to AMEX signify that I'm on the right steps in my rebuild and doors that once were closed to me are now open due to the positive steps I have taken and continue to take. 

3. My post shows a change in attitude for me in which I am no longer worried about when my next bill is due but celebrate it.  Its another opportunity for an on-time payment and reflects the new financial responsiblity that I'm aserting in my life.

4. Lastly, lets weigh my contributions to MyFICO vs. yours.  You have lurked in the shadows and have not contributed a single point of useful, helpful or insightful information to these message boards.  You have not supported a single member in their individual goals.  Compare this to my contributions: In 5 months I have posted almost 1400 topics and responses and have sent hundreds of PM's to members and responded to numerous requests for information.  I have given advice, celebrated the successes of others and tried to help them out of difficult situations.  So if you want to compare who is useless and pointless I will take my odds against you every day of the week!

Agreed.  I happen to like these "Facebook" style status posts!  They're all inspiring to me and others!  Even though everyone's experience is different, its still interesting to read what other people are seeing/doing regularly!  I'd much rather read these type of "useless" posts than real Facebook posts about what they ate for dinner.

Message 22 of 26
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@diabla wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@RAZIUG wrote:

Is this facebook?  I thought I was on myFICO.

First post, long time lurker.  I swear some of these threads people treat it like a facebook page with pointless updates.

Agreed.  I happen to like these "Facebook" style status posts!  They're all inspiring to me and others!  Even though everyone's experience is different, its still interesting to read what other people are seeing/doing regularly!  I'd much rather read these type of "useless" posts than real Facebook posts about what they ate for dinner.

LOL!! I know that's right!

Message 23 of 26
rosegardener
Established Member

Congrats Duncan! Happy for you!! Naysayers.....seriously, people? This is a place to rebuild credit and self esteem. Duncan's come down a hard road. Lets be happy instead of snarky.
In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 24 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks for support. Been a good week and will be a great weekend. Enjoy the small victories and celebrate our successes.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to put my two cents worth in on this. On the upper right hand corner of the screen, it says "connect with the community."  To me, community means more than just a dry list of facts, a compilation of questions and answers. Instead, it means a place to come together and share. This includes information which may be of a practical value, but it also includes celebrating milestones and commiserating over setbacks.

I agree with other posters who have stated that they cannot share the details of their personal credit journeys on Facebook. My credit is a personal thing to me, and I would never think of sharing it with the overwhelming majority of acquaintances that I have on Facebook, especially as my Friends list includes some business associates. But, the anonymous nature of these forums allows me to open up and share the details of my credit rebuilding journey -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

Good credit is also predicated upon practicing responsible habits, and I believe that making a change in one's past behavior is certainly something that is worth celebrating in a community such as this. You see, on these forums we learn not only about which cards have the best rewards and sign up bonuses, but also how to manage our cards responsibly. Celebrating a milestone such as Duncarr's helps to affirm that we all need to be mindful of the importance of maintaining a good payment history. Other members have celebrated -- justifiably, in my view -- getting their util down to a certain percentage. Others have kicked up their heels at watching the last of their inqs fall off. All of these things affect our scores and our ability to gain or maintain a good credit rating, and as such I believe that we -- as a community -- are justified in encouraging and celebrating such milestones. If nothing else, someone who is new to credit and is browsing these boards may come to appreciate what constitutes responsible credit behavior.

To Duncarr -- congrats! I'm so happy that you have found your way back into the Amex family and have taken your very first steps to establish a postive history with your new account. May you enjoy a happy relationship with Amex for a long time to come. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.