Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid CO Chase

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Paid CO Chase

Will paying of a CO help my score any? It is 3.4' years old. I have a BOA 123 cash and I want  Better Balance Rewards master charge, will paying it off help me out?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Paid CO Chase

Paid/unpaid its scored the same. It would be best to get a PFD
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

+1 correct

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Will paying of a CO help my score any? It is 3.4' years old. I have a BOA 123 cash and I want  Better Balance Rewards master charge, will paying it off help me out?

Wouldn't help score but may help on a denial recon that it is paid.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Wouldn't help score but may help on a denial recon that it is paid.

+1

AFAIK, Chase can be usually iffy with PFDs though - it depends on the loss.

Message 5 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Isnt a collection balance factored in your utilization and if you pay off the collection it would decrease your utilization ratio.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

What lexie and LS said is true. Paying it will help in various ways, though your score will remain the same.

Chase might also not blacklist you if you pay it off.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Does chase black list?

Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Yes they do. Most prime lenders do as well. Chase, citi and American Express are also known to have longer memories and less forgiving as well. Overall, its going to be a YMMV situation.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.