Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid late on my Chase Amazon Prime card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid late on my Chase Amazon Prime card

Ok, I am freaked out.  The last statement cut in October was October 15 which showed my payment on October 9 of $3,746.28 which was a PIF.  Life has been crazy and I just logged on and it has a red ! beside that account that read "we didn't receive your payment of $4.28" which is in red and shows a late fee of late fee of $4.28 applied on November 12 (it also in a gray font says "Let us know if we can help you").  The balance of the account was $175.69 which I just immediately PIF.

Will my CR's get dinged here?  Should I call them?  I am almost at a panic right now praying my last 4+ years of work has not just gotten dinged because of this.

Advice please!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid late on my Chase Amazon Prime card

You won't get dinged on your CRs because it wasn't 30 days late.

You may likely get dinged with Chase internally and there's no way to know for sure because consumers don't have any right to internal reports at banks and subsidiaries.

A CSR won't know but you can call in and let them note your account.

If you don't have autopay set up for the minimum, you need to go to every credit card you have right now and do that. All of them, autopay, the minimum.  See my 11 rules signature link for rule #11.

I'm really confused WHAT balance was even due if you PIF'd October 9.  You PIF'd to $0?  So what posted on what date and when was your statement date?

Message 2 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

$4.28 sounds like trailing interest.  If you paid the full balance prior to 30 days after the due date for the $4.28, it would not be reported to the bureaus as ABCD2199 said.  Since the late fee was just added, I am assuming only a little time had gone by past the due date?  If so, you should be fine but agree that your internal score with Chase may take a hit for just a bit.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

$4.28 sounds like trailing interest.  If you paid the full balance prior to 30 days after the due date for the $4.28, it would not be reported to the bureaus as ABCD2199 said.  Since the late fee was just added, I am assuming only a little time had gone by past the due date?  If so, you should be fine but agree that your internal score with Chase may take a hit for just a bit.

I'm going to call them today or tomorrow.  I don't care so much about getting a late fee back here but more so to get them to make a note on my account.  I've been with Chase since 11/2014 and to this point I have never missed a payment with multiple Chase cards and all were PIF's with exception of just 2-3 different months.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Always set payments to at least pay minimun so this doesn't happen in the future.  Best of luck.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Always set payments to at least pay minimun so this doesn't happen in the future.  Best of luck.

Noted. 

UPDATE

So I did call in and speak to a CSR.  She said since it was only 2 days late for me not to worry as it would not report late on the reports, which I knew that.  I specifically asked her about any internal dings on my score and her response you have nothing to worry about and everything is fine.  I'm not saying how accurate she is or not but simply what her words were.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.