Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Citi Forward with Thank You Premier

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Pairing Citi Forward with Thank You Premier

The Thank You Premier seems like a great card to pair with the Forward if you have the grandfathered 5X plan. 5 TYP for dining and entertainment + 3 TYP for travel and 2 TYP for dining. I just don't think I'll be able to justify the AF :-/ but for someone else it's something to look into if you have a Forward
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Pairing Citi Forward with Thank You Premier

@icyhot wrote:
The Thank You Premier seems like a great card to pair with the Forward if you have the grandfathered 5X plan. 5 TYP for dining and entertainment + 3 TYP for travel and 2 TYP for dining. I just don't think I'll be able to justify the AF :-/ but for someone else it's something to look into if you have a Forward

Yeah, there was a whole discussion about this in the 50k thread for prestige, same applies to premier but to a lesser degree. 

Prestige automatically doubles the value of ThankYou Points when redeemed for AA/US flights AND lets you transfer. Premier just lets you transfer, and I think gives you 1.25 cents per dollar when redeemed for travel (prestige will give you 1.3 when redeemed for non AA/US travel). but for 355$ cheaper than the prestige It's not a bad deal. Smiley Tongue 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.