Did you mean: 

Palladium

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Palladium

@dilettante wrote:

@Dustink

Have you considered getting the Ritz Carlton Card? It has PCDW, 2X travel, dining, 5X Ritz/Marriott, $200 airline incidental reimbursement,unlimited Lounge Club access, no fee for AU's. No CPC required. AF is $395. And it's a heavy metal card, just as heavy as Palladium.

I have both Ritz and Palladium.

Too many options!...haha

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like it fits the bill perfectly.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 51 of 59
dilettante
Established Contributor

Also, FYI, there were some (possibly targeted) offers for Ist annual fee waived or 140,000 points mentioned on some blogs about a month ago. If you don't mind doing some internet research, it could be a great sign up bonus.

Message 52 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

Also, FYI, there were some (possibly targeted) offers for Ist annual fee waived or 140,000 points mentioned on some blogs about a month ago. If you don't mind doing some internet research, it could be a great sign up bonus.

Ohhh thanks. You went and got me out of the garden....

I have high utilization with Chase. Will update on the results of the app when I receive them.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 53 of 59
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Good Luck, let us know how it went Smiley Happy

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 54 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

Good Luck, let us know how it went Smiley Happy

Approved Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Ritz-Carlton-Approval/td-p/2454995

Message 55 of 59
pinipig523
Established Member

@Awesomely wrote:

Is it possible to get the Palladium if you just have a regular checking account with around $300,000 cash? Does chase allow opening CPC accounts to just put money in there with no desire to invest? I want the card.

Yeah, I keep mine in cold cash, nothing invested in my CPC.  No one gives me any problems that I'm not investing my cash.

Message 56 of 59
enharu
Super Contributor

@pinipig523 wrote:

@Awesomely wrote:

Is it possible to get the Palladium if you just have a regular checking account with around $300,000 cash? Does chase allow opening CPC accounts to just put money in there with no desire to invest? I want the card.

Yeah, I keep mine in cold cash, nothing invested in my CPC.  No one gives me any problems that I'm not investing my cash.

Whenever a PB claims you must invest in something, he's just trying to make extra commission off you. Investing in anything isn't necessary, but it isn't great for his own pocket. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 57 of 59
amattas

This is old, but still - why wouldn't you want to invest. $300K sitting in a cash account is actually losing money when you take inflation into account. You would almost be better served investing with CPC and telling them to put it in all in an ETF like VTI and VYM. The return on those funds minus the comission is likely much higher than any interest you'd be getting from just sitting in cash.

Message 58 of 59
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@amattas wrote:

This is old, but still - why wouldn't you want to invest. $300K sitting in a cash account is actually losing money when you take inflation into account. You would almost be better served investing with CPC and telling them to put it in all in an ETF like VTI and VYM. The return on those funds minus the comission is likely much higher than any interest you'd be getting from just sitting in cash.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Though I keep cash on hand too, "Just-in-case", I do not require 300k (though it's all relative)

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.