Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents have Credit Cards in my name screwing my Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Parents have Credit Cards in my name screwing my Credit Score

Hi, I am kinda new on this forum and don't know where to post to get attention and help. My Parents have 3 Credit Cards in my name ((It is NOT my debt, it is theirs, but with my name on the paper) with $24,000 balance and 88% utilization ratio that are screwing my Credit Score. I want to get rid of these cards. If you have something to say, please visit the link bellow. I originally posted it under Relationship and Money category, but not sure that was a right thing to do. So, putting a reference here. Sorry for this

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Relationships-and-Money-NEW/Parents-have-Credit-Cards-on-my-name-scr...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Parents have Credit Cards on my name screwing my Credit Score

NVM - I read the link above. First step is to take those cards back. Tell your parents to use their own debit/check cards. You want to stop adding anymore debt on those CCs. If you don't mind can you post all of your CC balance and APR?

PS. No need to double post.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Parents have Credit Cards on my name screwing my Credit Score

I went through something similar with my father as a kid. Unfortunately I was told if I didn't like it, then I could go out and live on the street. That stopped the arguement.

Unfortunately, I'm still paying for what my father did to this day. Good luck anyway.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Parents have Credit Cards in my name screwing my Credit Score

I'm locking this thread and directing any further replies to the one that you've started on the "Relationship & Credit" board. Please don't cross-post.

Parents Have Credit Cards In My Name

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.