cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents my sister and I are getting out of debt!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Parents my sister and I are getting out of debt!

Okay so about 13k in cc debt, it all started in Oct of last year when my mom was approved for a Wells Fargo platinum with a $3k cl and ever since we have been managing it to help us get rid of our debt faster. We are transfering about 500 to 600 to her checking acct every month and giving it to the HIGH APR creditors. Before the due date we are paying in full the money we borrow from the Wells Fargo CC . Its like having a second auto loan because we have to give it back or else we will have to pay high APR. So far we have paid about $1,600 in cc debt. We are seeing the light and it feels good. This early experience has helped my sister and I to learn that going crazy on credit cards is NOOO good and that its a pain in the boootay. Just wanted to share Smiley Happy We have learned our lesson! MAYBE THE ENDS OF THIS YEAR OR THE BEGINNINGS OF 2014 WE WILL HAVE ALL OUR CC DEBT PAID INCLUDING ONE AUTO LOAN SINCE WE ARE SELLING A PROPERTY IN MEXICO.  Inconclusion we will have Just one 14k carloan and our mortgage. THE SO CALLED "GOOD DEBT" Smiley Happy thanks for reading.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Parents my sister and I are getting out of debt!

We are transfering about 500 to 600 to her checking acct every month and giving it to the HIGH APR creditors.  Before the due date we are paying in full the money we borrow from the Wells Fargo CC

So is this a cash advance from the WF CC?  Usually you pay interest from the day you take it, whether or not you pay in full.  May still be worth while if the other APRs are high.

Message 2 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

YES ITS A CASH ADVANCE BUT WE ONLY PAY A $25 FEE. NO THAT MUCH Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

AND NOP THRY DONT CHARGE US INTEERST EACH DAY. ONLY IF WE DONT PAY IT IN FULL ON DUE DATE. OTHER THAN THAT WE DONT PAY INTEREST FROM THE DAY WE TAKE THE CASH ADVANCE.

Message 4 of 13
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

like direct deposit advance?

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 5 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

UM NO WE JUST TRANSFER MONEY FROM MY MOMS WF CC TO HER WF CHECKING ACCT. ALMOST LIKE CASH ADVANCE BUT THROUGH THE PHONE AND NOT AN ATM.

Message 6 of 13
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Be careful......They might closing your account.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

^why??

Message 8 of 13
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

They probably consider as high risk that taking out cash advance every month even thou you paid it back every month.

Seem like you have to paid both High APR CC and Well FArgo Fees......

I suggest your parent should call credit card company and discuss with them about the situation . Maybe low APR on your current card. Not hurt to try and hope you guys get out of debt soon .

I hate paying interest on any credit card.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

yea just 25 dollars every transfer. so we should call WF and tell them the reason why we are transfering money from her cc acct to her checking acct? 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.