cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents my sister and I are getting out of debt!

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Parents my sister and I are getting out of debt!

The one thing I don't understand is why you are wasting a 5% premium on the $500 you are pulling out in cash vs just waiting a month and paying the full $500 directly to the debt. $25 a month is going to add up.

Message 11 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I am SO CONFUSED!

Who has the $13k in debt?

The Wells Fargo Card was approved for $3k but you did not do a balance transfer and you don't actually charge purhcases using the card but each month you transfer $500 from Wells Fargo Credit Card into her Wells Fargo Checking account and then pay who? and then after you pay who, how do we then go back and pay off the $525 Wells Fargo Credit Card because they charged you $25 to take the advance?

and I'm pretty sure taking $500 and paying $25 would cancel out ANY high interest you would be paying on a credit card and even if it was WHERE do you ACTUALLY pay any of the debt down if you are using the Wells to cash advance?

Message 12 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

So you are paying WF 60% APR taking the cash advance to pay off high APR balances? Smiley Frustrated

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.