cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part II- How many CC's do you HONESTLY have??

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Part II- How many CC's do you HONESTLY have??

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

I know too many Store cards! I actually only use 6 of those store cards the rest I have never used. I wonder if it hurts being an authorized user on my husbands accounts hurts me or not? 

This pretty much defines why the SCT should be revised and SP if denied and HP if approved.

What does SCT mean? ThanksSmiley Happy

It's how people get tons of store cards, generally. Smiley Indifferent

Again, not making fun of you personally. Just saying there's a better way to put positive accounts on a report than filling it with store cards that will never be used.

got most of my SCT cards early on in my rebuild process, commentity still loves me, use them occausionally  maybe 1-2 times a year each time with defered interest and big discount codes. I don't think any of the cards have ever had over a 20% UTL currently none over 10% and clicking on the Luv button every month or so, they are all at or new $3k one is $3150, currently commentity says no more luv after the card is at 3k or higher CL, got a $200 CLI on  card with a $2950 CL it now sits at $3150CL no further luv. 

They help make my AAoA near bullet proof, I have App'd for one or 2 cards at a time, worst AAoA drop is about a month, and then a month later it starts growing, currently at 3.5 years according to various reports. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 71 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Youre such a tease Nixon, lol...Smiley Wink

No, this would be a tease.

ROFL!! 

Message 72 of 179
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Ah thank you! its just hard to remember all of them! I have them put away in rubbermaid card holder! Anyone reading this dont apply to just get approved, its a cheap thrill that only last a moment. I wish I didnt open alot of them, but, I did so now im stuck with them. When I was approved for my freedom card and was granted the lowest limit you can qualify for the store cards played somewhat of a factor in the credit line, it wasnt the only reason but some of it. 

Message 73 of 179
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Firefly_1984 wrote:

4 major
2 retail

6 total (which I am quite happy with, though certain people's postings about the Ring are making me itchy... STOP IT! Smiley Tongue Anyone got some Benadryl?? )

Smiley Happy

Got yours yet? Smiley Wink

Eventually, it will happen.  Smiley Tongue  Certainly wouldn't mind another low apr card to keep alongside the DeltaCCU card (currently at 9.75). Gah, what am I saying?  I need some cement shoes for the garden. LOL

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 74 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

I know too many Store cards! I actually only use 6 of those store cards the rest I have never used. I wonder if it hurts being an authorized user on my husbands accounts hurts me or not? 

This pretty much defines why the SCT should be revised and SP if denied and HP if approved.

What does SCT mean? ThanksSmiley Happy

It's how people get tons of store cards, generally. Smiley Indifferent

Again, not making fun of you personally. Just saying there's a better way to put positive accounts on a report than filling it with store cards that will never be used.

got most of my SCT cards early on in my rebuild process, commentity still loves me, use them occausionally  maybe 1-2 times a year each time with defered interest and big discount codes. I don't think any of the cards have ever had over a 20% UTL currently none over 10% and clicking on the Luv button every month or so, they are all at or new $3k one is $3150, currently commentity says no more luv after the card is at 3k or higher CL, got a $200 CLI on  card with a $2950 CL it now sits at $3150CL no further luv. 

They help make my AAoA near bullet proof, I have App'd for one or 2 cards at a time, worst AAoA drop is about a month, and then a month later it starts growing, currently at 3.5 years according to various reports. 

Yes there is cases where if your AAoA was practically non-existant prior to SCT binge, you can pretty much build a bulletproof AAoA by keeping them open.

But for rebuilders it is absolute murder on your AAoA for an approval that will sting even more as you creep back up into prime-land and get socked with junk terms and low CL's. Again. There is a purpose for it, but just like fire. It is very easy to misuse it.

Message 75 of 179
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

5 majors Smiley Very Happy Before 2 weeks ago, 3 only. Smiley Very Happy w00t, am I winning?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 76 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as before, my sig says it all!

Message 77 of 179
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

No retail

No AU

Message 78 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

All in my sig, 7 personal (with 1 joint responsibility) and 2 store cards.  AU cards are 2 and 1 store...

Oz

Message 79 of 179
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

(This is where I'd like RON1 and CA to post ), LOL...... 

You can break it down into "majors",  "retail" (store), and AU if it applies:

23 total

7-major, 16 retail

well shoot...I had to post in the approvals secitons again, darn it!! make that '24"

Message 80 of 179
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.